Batteries

Darynek

It seems like my batteries do not hold a good charge, even after being plugged into shore power for weeks on end. Once unplugged from shore power its a matter of a feew hours and the inverter in ringing and the residential fringe has turned off. What manufacture isthe best for my Gateway 36BH?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
Depending on how much you want to spend and how much room you have, you might consider 4- Trojan 105s (6 volt deep cycle).

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
It seems like my batteries do not hold a good charge, even after being plugged into shore power for weeks on end. Once unplugged from shore power its a matter of a feew hours and the inverter in ringing and the residential fringe has turned off. What manufacture isthe best for my Gateway 36BH?

Thanks

We had a similar experience with the battery that came with our coach. I think it had been discharged too many times and the battery was pretty weak. It was a group 24 battery.

We went with a group 29 battery, because we only had space for one in the battery compartment. We had to get a larger battery box as well, but it fit fine in the space. We ended up with a Everstart Maxx deep cycle battery from WalMart. http://www.walmart.com/ip/EverStart-Maxx-Group-Size-29-Marine-Battery/20531539

Is it good for boondocking? No. But it lasts much longer than our old one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wdk450

My dealer added a 2nd 12 volt battery in paralell with the first one when they delivered my unit. I have since upgraded my battery bank to 4 12 Volt batteries. Allways get deep cycle batteries (Not regular car batteries) for your trailer batteries.

justafordguy

Be sure to check to make sure the batteries are full of water. If you need to add some use distilled water. If they still won't hold a charge you may want to use 2, 6v golf cart batteries instead of the two cheap 12v batteries the dealers install. Be sure to wire them correctly, which will require one extra battery cable. When mine go bad that's what I'll do.

Bohemian

Also, remember that lead acid batteries should only be drained to their 50% capacity of they will quickly degrade in capacity. That is if you have a 30 A-H battery it will only reliably provide 15 A-H of charge.

Ann&Ted

I have a 2015 Heartland Landmark 365, that came with 2 batteries. My question is, does Heartland ship their units with batteries or are they supplied and installed by the dealer? I am trying to figure out if they are AGM or Standard batteries. I don't exactly want to disconnect the hood and remove the batteries from the battery well just to find out. Since it is a 365 with a power inverter to run the refrigerator (115 Volt Only). My thinking they would be AGM due to the longer life. I am just not sure. The 5th wheel sat at the dealership for over a month without being plugged in for any time, thus draining the batteries. I am trying to charge them but don't know if I should set the charger for AGM or standard. I have been trying standard just in case.

danemayer

I have a 2015 Heartland Landmark 365, that came with 2 batteries. My question is, does Heartland ship their units with batteries or are they supplied and installed by the dealer? I am trying to figure out if they are AGM or Standard batteries. I don't exactly want to disconnect the hood and remove the batteries from the battery well just to find out. Since it is a 365 with a power inverter to run the refrigerator (115 Volt Only). My thinking they would be AGM due to the longer life. I am just not sure. The 5th wheel sat at the dealership for over a month without being plugged in for any time, thus draining the batteries. I am trying to charge them but don't know if I should set the charger for AGM or standard. I have been trying standard just in case.

Hi Ted,

On the LM 365, Heartland ships with the 2 batteries. I'm pretty sure they're standard deep cycle batteries, not AGM.

Ann&Ted

Hi Ted,

On the LM 365, Heartland ships with the 2 batteries. I'm pretty sure they're standard deep cycle batteries, not AGM.

Thank you very much for the fast response.
Ted

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited by a moderator:

wdk450

Hi Ted,

I remember hearing stories on this forum of how the commercial RV transporters had to supply their own trailer batteries for the tow from the factory to the selling dealer, remove them, and then the selling dealer would install a new battery. Maybe that has changed.

ksucats

I saw a Keystone product delivered to the dealer this past Saturday - driver removed the battery from the unit and put it into his truck bed. When we purchased our SOB (we now have a Landmark 365) the dealer put the battery in - initially tried to charge us for it as well but we did get that taken off. Our Landmark came with two regular deep cycle batteries installed - as told to me by the dealer.