Bed room ac

Tombstonejim

I am going to have a bedroom AC installed next week in my Big Country. I have no clue as to which one to buy. Can anyone recommend one that might be quieter than most of them. I assume that the Big Country is already wired for the bedroom AC but can't find anything that says that. Does anyone know and if so can I have it blow into the ceiling ducts?

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Jim,
I have a low profile Dometic 13,500 btu in my bedroom and it is great. This is the unit most often installed as second A/C, IMHO.
It does not add a great deal of height in the front of your rig.
However, I don't know if any direct discharge units are what I would call quiet.
A second A/C is a must in hot weather. Trace

danemayer

The Heartland website shows the bedroom A/C as optional for the Big Country, so it should be pre-wired. The circuit breaker may need to be added.

I think it's unlikely there's a provision to duct it into the existing ceiling ducts. If you want to find out for sure, call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032. Have your VIN # handy. They should be able to tell you.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We also have the Dometic low profile 13,500 BTU a/c. Even tho the low profile is not as tall as the standard units, our total height overall is now 13' 4" tall so we are careful of low overpasses. This is the 3rd coach that we have added a 2nd a/c and would do it again.

Birchwood

We had a 13.5 Penquin installed in our Landmark.If you are looking for a noise free A/C stay home.
The ceiling height is usually 6.5 feet or less so your head will be only 4 feet from the A/C.
We really enjoy our Penquin in the bedroom.