Bedding upgrade?

JJnLilly

We went the memory foam route on our old Cougar and just moved right over to the Greystone. Certainly does make a difference.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
For tose of you who have a Sleep Number(Slect Comfort):

Do you need to leave the air out as you up and down the mountains and the air pressure changes?

We drop the pressure to about 20lbs in each side when traveling mountains, as suggested by the manufacturer...so far no problem.

rvn4fun

We replaced ours after less then a year of backaches, we had one made in Roswell NM, and it is a lot better. Our king size matress was 6 inches narrower then the one's you buy in a regular store, so we had to go to a place that builds to order.

We are soon to order our first Heartland. I'd like to know what everyone thinks of the standard mattress? How comfortable is it really?

Anyone order the pillow top mattress or totally replace it? A few folks on a general RV group have mentioned a memory foam mattress.

Thanks!

We replaced ours immediately with a Tempurpedic.......also have one in our home.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
We sleep on a Tempurpedic at home and a 4" memory foam in our 34QSRL. We really cannot tell much difference and sleep great in both. I agree with Invizatu that the quality of the foam is key.

We have a Tempurpedic at home, as well. So when we leave home it's going to be down hill with any other mattress. I'm glad to hear you found a good one. What brand is it, or where specifically did you purchase it? I would like to get one in lieu of a Tempurpedic for the trailer, because of the weight factor of a Tempurpedic. Thanks

LongIslandTodd

2003 Chevy 2500HD Duramax
Better off getting one from a store. The one that comes with the trailer is bare bones and the upgrade pillow top is not much better.
Todd