Bedroom A/C

Herm45

We are on "shakedown" trip in new BH 3610RE, The a/c in the bedroom runs continuously and does not cool. The bathroom is like a block of ice. I have closed both bathroom and bedroom door so as to not get interference from the living room a/c. I finally cut it off last night after running all day. I think it is cooling just not in the bedroom. I have checked and the vents appear to be open although the air flow out is not very strong.

Any ideas????

danemayer

Hi Herm45,

If I understand you, both the living room and bedroom A/C units are running. The bathroom is really cold. The bedroom is not cold. Presumably the living room is cool.

I'm going to guess you have the integrated ducts so that the bedroom A/C unit is supposed to be blowing cold air into ducts that not only have outlets in the bedroom, but also in the bathroom and living room.

So, maybe run an experiment in the morning before it gets too hot: turn off the living room A/C and just run the bedroom unit. Check the airflow to see whether cold air is coming out of the bathroom duct, and only a little or none out of the bedroom ducts. You should also feel some at the living room ducts.

If you're getting warm air, it's the bedroom A/C unit not working correctly. Of course make sure the thermostat is set on cool with fan on AUTO and an appropriate set point. If that's all ok, maybe there's a problem with the A/C unit.

If you get cold air in the bathroom outlet and living room outlets, the A/C unit is ok, but you may have some blockage in the bedroom vents and your dealer will have to correct it.

Theresau

We went through similar with our rear AC and it turns out it was a defective AC unit; it was replaced this week - temp difference was only 2 degrees. I suggest contacting Dometic.

Air flow doesn't feel that strong but when the units work right they do cool well - amazing difference with the replaced unit.

Have you tried just running the bedroom?

We are on "shakedown" trip in new BH 3610RE, The a/c in the bedroom runs continuously and does not cool. The bathroom is like a block of ice. I have closed both bathroom and bedroom door so as to not get interference from the living room a/c. I finally cut it off last night after running all day. I think it is cooling just not in the bedroom. I have checked and the vents appear to be open although the air flow out is not very strong.

Any ideas????