Bedroom Fan-tastic Fan Install

mlburst1

I have a 2010 Sundance 2900MK - I dropped the bedroom vent and fished out the pre-wiring bundle in order to install a 12 volt Fan-tastic fan.

The attached picture shows the three electrical cables available - 120 volt wire, 6 wire thermostat wire and a 2 wire 12 volt pair - the 12 volt pair does not have power.

I removed the breaker/fuse panel hoping to find the other end coiled up in the rear but no luck.

Where is the 12 volt pair supposed to be powered from?

Help!

Thanks,

Mike
wiring.jpg

mlburst1

Since I hadn't received any response to this request, I called the factory today at 574-262-5992 and left a message for Paul Craven.

Paul called back within 15 minutes but he did not know the answer to my question, however, he said he would have a tech who was familiar with the 2010 models pulled off the line and call me back.

Again, I received a call within 15 minutes from Jim (?) - we discussed my problem and he gave me two solutions.

He advised me to look behind the bedroom slideout switch for the other end of the 2 pair wire or find the 12 volt wire going to the light in the front closet which runs in the ceiling next to the vent cutout.

I tried to find the wire running to the front closet with no luck - ducting for the A/C runs on the converter side of the ceiling - the wire was probably on the other side of the duct that I couldn't reach.

I pulled the slideout switch and bingo! - spliced the pair into the hot side of the slide switch and finished the Fan-tastic fan install.

Fan works great!

Thanks Heartland for the outstanding customer service!

Mike

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Mike, Glad to hear it's all good. I normally don't respond if I'm not sure of the answer to a question. Thanks for the update!