Bedroom Light Fixture Problem, 2011 Grand Canyon

Barry Crocker

One of the overhead lights in the bedroom comes on and works for a few minutes then goes out. If I turn the lights off, wait a minute or so, turn them back on the light does the same thing. Would an overheating ballast cause this?
2011 Grand Canyon
Barry

danemayer

One of the overhead lights in the bedroom comes on and works for a few minutes then goes out. If I turn the lights off, wait a minute or so, turn them back on the light does the same thing. Would an overheating ballast cause this?
2011 Grand Canyon
Barry

Hi Barry,

You're correct. I'd suggest you call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032. Have your VIN # ready. Heartland changed suppliers on the fluorescent lights in 2011, I think due to ballast problems like you're having. Even though you're out of warranty, perhaps they'll authorize a replacement lamp for you or send you one to install yourself. If you have a basic electrical kit with crimper and butt-splices, and a couple of feet of wire (wires exit the fixture in a different place on the new ones), it takes 10 minutes to install the new fixture. A lot easier , faster, and less expensive than going to the dealer.

jayc

Legendary Member
I was at a flea market last weekend and saw a vendor that sells LED replacements for the fluorescent in RV's. He can sell just the LED bulbs or the entire fixture. I'm not sure of the brand but I'm sure you could find some HERE or HERE.