Bent bracket on 2012 Cyclone 3010HD, Need Help

dcn2013

I have a 2012 cyclone 3010 HD toy hauler and due to a blowout I have a bent bracket. The bracket is on the kitchen slideout side and is bolted and welded to the frame and has a squaretube on other end. I need to see a picture so I know how it was attached to the other end and if I am missing any pieces.If anyone can send a picture of what it looks like attached it would be greatly appreciated.

porthole

Retired
I have a 2012 cyclone 3010 HD toy hauler and due to a blowout I have a bent bracket. The bracket is on the kitchen slideout side and is bolted and welded to the frame and has a squaretube on other end. I need to see a picture so I know how it was attached to the other end and if I am missing any pieces.If anyone can send a picture of what it looks like attached it would be greatly appreciated.

3010 or 3110?

Maybe you could post a picture so those with the trailer can see what you are referring to.

danemayer

Have you looked on the other side of the coach to see if there's one there that's intact?

As Duane suggested, posting a clear picture would help.

dcn2013

Sorry for not adding a picture I have some but have not figured out how to add pictures. I did look at the other side but it does not have this bracket. I will keep looking into how to add a picture and hopefully get one loaded later. Thank everyone for replying.

Hey I figured out how to add pictures to the post.

Attachments

• IMG_0634.JPG
    IMG_0634.JPG
    144.1 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0635.JPG
    IMG_0635.JPG
    108.3 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

danemayer

I have two of those on my doorside slide. One got bent somehow - maybe from the 2014 tire blowout.
I was able to straighten it out with a claw hammer and large screwdriver. Yours looks like it's bent more than mine though. I guess worst case it'd break off. I'd guess the replacement part would come from Lippert and you'd have to get a welder (maybe at a truck or trailer repair shop) to weld on a replacement.

porthole

Retired

Best I can tell from your description - you need to verify what model you have. You mention the bracket is on the kitchen slide out side, but your picture shows the opposite side (sewer connection)
AFAIK, all 3010's have 2 slides on the left or off door side. 3110's have 3 slides, 2 on the left side and a kitchen slide on the door side or right side.

I'm guessing you have a 3010, 2 slide model. If you do, then maybe these pictures will help. These are about the best I can do for now. Our 3010 is covered, so I can't open the slide and it is snowing.

Off door side (street side)

1st picture is looking front to back, next 2 are back to front.

Attachments

• 3010_left_side_slide_bracket_a.jpg
    3010_left_side_slide_bracket_a.jpg
    384.7 KB · Views: 52
  • 3010_left_side_slide_bracket_b.jpg
    3010_left_side_slide_bracket_b.jpg
    392.1 KB · Views: 51
  • 3010_left_side_slide_bracket_c.jpg
    3010_left_side_slide_bracket_c.jpg
    310.3 KB · Views: 47

dcn2013

Thanks Danemayer

I will contact Lippert and see if I can get a replacement bracket. You were correct about the bracket cracking.

- - - Updated - - -

Hello Porthole

That was exactly what I was looking for. The slide is actually the dining area side, I guess I should have described it better. I was just trying to make the distinction between the bedroom and the other slide. Do you now how the end of the bracket with the tubing end is attached to the RV?

porthole

Retired
Do you now how the end of the bracket with the tubing end is attached to the RV?

No.

I will see if I can get a better look tomorrow. That side of my trailer is against another trailer, so it is a bit tight, but I look to see if it is welded.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
No.

I will see if I can get a better look tomorrow. That side of my trailer is against another trailer, so it is a bit tight, but I look to see if it is welded.

Duane
Those same brackets are under my BH too. If you can't get a picture say so... My BH is accessible and I can snap a couple. I remember painting them this fall.

Lyle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dcn2013

Thank You All for the help. I do not need any additional information I did receive an email response from Heartland and they said the bracket is alright like it is. See the below email from Heartland.

Upon review this bracket is only bent, not broke. It is still serving its
purpose as intended. If you review the photos you can see there is a bolt
securing the edge of the main floor to this outrigger and that is all it was
intended for. Nothing bolted to or was mounted to the end of this bracket. You
could attempt to straighten it out or cut off the excess as it is not actually
needed. It is there simply because we use this frame for multiple unit layouts
and it is utilized on another layout.

- - - Updated - - -

Porthole

Thank you for all the help. I do not need the additional information in reference to how the tubing is attached to the RV. Please see my other post, I included the email response I received from the Heartland folks.

David