Best kept secret in Orlando! (campground)

JTFever

We just returned from a 10 night stay at Bill Fredrick's park at Turkey Lake in Orlando, Florida and WOW! what a great experience. This is a State park with 36 RV spots (all concrete pads) (16 with full hookups) right by the lake. The RV section is set among trees and palms so most are nicely shaded. Such a nice change from being packed in like sardines under the sun that you normally find in the area. There are nature trails, a small Farm with horses, a Frisbee golf course, big swimming pool and much more. You feel like your out in nature rather than being in a metropolitan area. The park is literally 5 min. from Universal and Wet n Wild. Fantastic restaurants even closer than that. The park closes to the public at 7:00pm and only campers are allowed access so you have the park to yourselves. All this for only $22.00 a night!! with Full hook-ups! You would think they would be fully booked way in advance but this was not our experience, we called our reservation in only 2 or 3 weeks before going and had no problem. During our entire stay (June 9-20) there were a good 10 to 15 vacant sites at any given time. There is on-site laundry and bath houses (albeit a little run down but serviceable). The only reason I can think of is that nobody really knows this place exists. I mean $22.00/night, full hookups in the middle of Orlando. Unbelievable. Bill Fredrick's park at Turkey Lake, the best kept secret in Orlando.

iowaone

Re: Best kept secret in Orlando!

I believe this is a county park not a state park. So don't look for it on the state park reservation system.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...

We have a campground up in the mountains west of Ft. Collin's that we like to go to that was a nice little secret hideaway.

Problem is . . . it ain't secret no more!

We plan on going down to Florida with our trailer sometime in the next couple of years, so we may have to check this place out.

Dennyha

I believe this is a county park not a state park. So don't look for it on the state park reservation system.

I just looked for it on reserveamerica.com unsuccessfully, and then found your post here. That's why nobody knows about it.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired

Cool - thanks for the info.

JTFever

I just uploaded some nice pictures of this campground on the "views from your campsite" thread.