Best lube for slide seals

bigdob24

What's the best lube after cleaning rubber seals on slides?
I have used silicon spray in the past, wondered if anyone had something better?

Jim.Allison

Ditto on silicone. But before you do this, scrub the rubber with isopropyl alcohol. I would use a green scrubber and 90% isopropyl rubbing alcohol. Then wipe with silicon past, leave residue only.

What's the best lube after cleaning rubber seals on slides?
I have used silicon spray in the past, wondered if anyone had something better?

No answer on lube, I had a trailer for 10 years prior to my current one & used nothing without any issues. Why did you get rid of your 2500 for a 3500 DRW to pull this trailer? I use a duramax 2500 to drag the same trailer without issue.:confused:

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
At a seminar put on at the 2011 Goshen rally by the seal manufacturer, we were told NOT to apply any lubricants to the slide seals. Just wash off any accumulated dirt and leave them be. They need to "grab" the slide surfaces in order to flex into position. If you apply anything with a solvent carrier, you risk ruining the rubber.

olcoon

I was told by Heartland's "slide-out expert" to put talcum powder in an old sock & rub that on the seals. But I haven't done it yet. Keep meaning to, but haven't gotten around to it yet. Guess I need to get on the stick! I once was told that the road to he!! is paved with good intentions!!!

bigdob24

Just got tired of the over weight issue.
If I remember some of the numbers for the Chevy ,pulling the BC would have had it close to 1500 over on the pin weight when loaded.
DRW setup pulls and handles the load so much better.

Jimsryker

Baby powder on the seals no oils no solvent.

Who wants the inside of their trailer smelling like a baby's butt? I can't abide that smell in every room. Went to two stores and could find no straight up "talcum" powder that did not have "scent" added. I guess I'll have to go on line

Jimsryker

Who wants the inside of their trailer smelling like a baby's butt? I can't abide that smell in every room. Went to two stores and could find no straight up "talcum" powder that did not have "scent" added. I guess I'll have to go on line

Billiard Supplies carry it. Dive shops also to squeeze into wet suits. Amazon of course... Has anyone used corn silk? I think it would work but there are moisture concerns. If it got wet?