Best places you went to in 2016

Mburtsvt

What were the best places you went to in your RV in 2016? This was my first year in our new RV. Our trip from Montana to Las Vegas, (national rally), was an eye opener.

Looking forward to more
adventures.

jstarwal

We always enjoy the rally in Branson. We will be there this year. Hope to see you there.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

jstarwal

We will be going to the rally in Mt View, AR an also the national rally in Goshen Indiana

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
In 2016, near Asheville NC and the Biltmore
Most recently, a week in NOLA!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TikiDawg

Tiger Run RV Resort, Breckenridge, CO. Wish we could have stayed longer.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Kbvols

Nashville, TN ....there is just something about those ole Honky Tonks ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Apropdoc

Utah Chapter Leaders-retired
Bear Lake UT, Rendezvous Beach State Park. First trip out with the North Trail. Fresh air and gentle, cool breezes.

Attachments

• Bear Lake Moon.jpg
    Bear Lake Moon.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 39
  • Bear Lake 1.jpg
    Bear Lake 1.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 39

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
On our way home from the 2016 Vegas National HOC Rally, we stayed at the Richfield, Utah KOA:

ProwlerUtahKOA-P1020457.jpg ProwlerUtahKOA-P1020477.jpg

Very nice campground . . . and lots of shade!

Oh yeah . . . the owners lived in a Heartland Landmark behind the office building.

We plan on stopping there again next time we head west!

The scenery in Utah is awesome (if you look close enough you'll see our Prowler in there :p )!

ProwlerUtahOverlook-P1020087.jpg

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We visited Alpine, TX to decide if it was rally worthy. Oh my is it! We fell in love with this area, mountains in Texas, y'all!!

happykraut

A week in Moab, UT, all the Nat. parks while at the Glendale, UT rally and a few days in Aspen, CO on our way to the National in Las Vegas.

Apropdoc

Utah Chapter Leaders-retired
We visited Alpine, TX to decide if it was rally worthy. Oh my is it! We fell in love with this area, mountains in Texas, y'all!!

Anywhere in the Hill country is beautiful! Even by PK lake there are some nice campgrounds.

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
We spent 2 weeks in AZ last winter. The highlight was the HOC Tucson Rodeo Rally. We then spent a week coming home by way of Sedona and the Grand Canyon.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Anywhere in the Hill country is beautiful! Even by PK lake there are some nice campgrounds.

Alpine is in the Big Bend area of TX.

But I agree, hill country is wonderful, too! Texas is vast and different from one end to the other. :)

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
Best place for us last year was Llano TX. We have been on St Helena Island in SC now going on our second month and love it here too.

HornedToad

Wow, I've been to four of the places listed... Alpine, Fredricksburg, Llano & Pigeon Forge.

But my two favorite trips in 2016 were spending a weekend with my girls dry camping in a parking lot on a busy downtown street...

next to Dan Law Field in Lubbock, TX to tailgate the NCAA Baseball Regional Tournament and the Super Regionals the following weekend.

Sometimes it's not so much about the place, but more about what you are doing and who you are with!!!