Best way to get stickers off ?

CrazyScotsman

What is the best way to get the stickers off the nose area of the trailer:confused::confused:. You all know the stickers, the 88 degree turn, and the Patented stickers. I wish the dealer would have taking them off, but when you call on a Tuesday, tell him your buying that trailer and you'll pick it up Friday, plus get a bunch of options added on, I guess the last thing on his mind was taking stickers off. It was last thing on my mind to.
Thanks for any info.,, Cheers Ken

jbeletti

Unless you have a heat gun, try your wife's hair dryer on them. The glue should reach its hot-flow temp and they should peel off pretty easily.

As for the goo left behind, there are various things that may work. Goof Off is one. Orange based products are another. Maybe even denatured alcohol. I do not know what any of those will do to gelcoat however so use at your own risk :eek:

For sure it will remove any wax you have on :)

Jim

2010augusta

Vinyl Off

Vinyl Off is the best sticker and graphic remover I have ever found, took two 10 foot graphics of the truck in under 30 min. with no residue.

CrazyScotsman

Thank you all, I'll try stealing the DW hair dryer. What she don't know wont hurt her. Plus I have some orange stuff in the garage.
Thanks......Ken

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Fortunately, General RV had already removed the stickers before I came in for the PDI.

jpmorgan37

Hair dryer and mineral spirits or charcoal lighter fluid (same thing) and won't hurt the Gel Coat.

John

itsbeertime

I've never seen Vinyl Off. Who carries it? I've used Goof Off and Goo Gone, but am always looking for something better.

2010augusta

I've never seen Vinyl Off. Who carries it? I've used Goof Off and Goo Gone, but am always looking for something better.

You can only fine it on-line through the manufacture, west end products. Here is a link. http://www.westendproducts.com/vinyloff.htmWorks just like discribed, I could not believe the ease at which the graphics came off the truck. I had tried 3 other products that worked on "cheaper" sticker and graphics, but these were 15 or 20 year top quality metacilic vinyl graphics.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I peeled off the sticker and used Goo Gone to remove the rest. Worked good and didn't have any problem. Try that.

laffman

Mine pulled off without a problem. A little residue was left behind, but some Goof Off got it off. I also wish the dealer would have taken these off.

Shadowchek

I seem to be a little late to the party but, sticker removal is yet another use for WD-40.

That is what I use and it works good. Whatever you use should have some oil in it so that what you get to break loose won't restick.

Greg

CrazyScotsman

Well, they pulled right of with no residue, don't know why they wouldn't before, maybe temperature outside had something to do with it.

lhetsler

I have had my BH 3670 for a year now and finally got around to getting the remains of the sticker off the nose. I used goof off and it came right off. I washed the area immediately although the instructions on the bottle said it was safe for fiberglass