BH 3055 Tires

Peteandsharon

Your dealer wants to make a sale. Search the web on the Marathon's....I've seen them fail in person too many times. The GY G614 is 5 times better.

Ok, Thanks for all the good information guys. First I just want to clarify. My dealer was perfectly clear that I was looking at local tire dealers for the Marathon. He wasn't trying to make a sale. He was just relaying his personal experience. I've known him for 20+ years and bought 2 rigs from him.

I did look online and I did see some issues. I'm not totally convinced because some of those postings indicated that the problem was with D rated tires as opposed to my E rated tires and that maybe they have resolved some of those issues over time. Obviously that is never going to be 100% true. You will always find people still having problems as indicated here.

I guess it still comes down to whether I want to drive 120 miles round trip to get the Maxxis. And there is another question which I haven't cleared up yet about the Maxxis. There are 2 separate Maxxis E rated ST235 80 R16 versions. One is rated at 8 ply and fills to 65 PSI and the other is a 10 ply/80 psi tire. When I got the price quote of $150 per tire from the Maxxis dealer, I don't know which one he was referring to. Hopefully it was the 10 ply but I need to verify that.

Anyway, thanks again. A lot to ponder. Many other things are going on right now and I'm having trouble pulling the trigger at all on replacing the China bombs. Too many other things pulling at my wallet. If I am able to git er done then I'll probably go with one of these two tires as I get my final questions answered.