BH 3410 On Order!

Geonkat

We are looking forward to joining the ranks of Bighorn owners with all you great folks. This will be our first 5th wheel after 15 years of travel trailers. We have been shopping for quite some time and have not found anything that compares with the Bighorn. We are so excited to be getting such a beautiful coach.

If Kary is out there, maybe he could see when our unit will be built. We ordered on June 5 from Bill Thomas Campers in Wentzville, Mo.

Happy Camping to all!

jimtoo

Hi George & Kathi,

Welcome to the Heartland Family. Please do a really good PDI when you pick up your new unit.

You might check with your dealer to see if he knows of VIN or production date yet. I "think" (probably something I should not do) they are notified of date or approximate date. I would think it would be about time for it to be built.

Enjoy your new toy when you get it.

Jim M

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
When we ordered our new Bighorn 3585RL, we were told six to eight weeks. I do know that it is scheduled to come off line on July 23. Then it's a matter of when a transport company can get it up here and how long the dealer will take to prep it.
Can't wait.

Peace
Dave

Geonkat

Jim,
Thanks for the welcome. Anything I should pay close attention to during the PDI? Our dealer claims to do a thorough walkthrough of several hours while the hitch is being installed. Then we are supposed to have a on hiway road test. They have pads with full hookups where customers can spend the first night and check things out followed by a tech correcting any problems the next morning.

Dave/Mary,
You have a beautiful unit on order. I know you are as excited to get it as we are. The only difference is you already have a Bighorn!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Sounds like your dealer will have you covered. During the PDI, ask plenty of questions, operate everything, open up the basement, and note any discrepancies. Check all moldings, door operations, the works. And then spend the night there, doing it all over again. With the slides out, check the inside seals along the sides from top to bottom for any gaps or misalignment. If the slide is aligned, you should not be able to stick more than a fingertip between it and the wall at the seal. If you find any squeaks in the floors while walking around or shifting your weight, tell the dealer immediately.

Since you've had a TT for many years, you know that these things are made by people. Granted we pay a ton of money, but there will still be problems. Unless you're dying to get out and haul your new rig 10K miles the first month, use it locally so that if you do find something, you're able to get it back to the dealer before it ruins your Heartland experience.

Welcome to the group!

jimtoo

Like John said, check it from top to bottom, check operation of everything and don't let them rush you. Document everything and try to get it fixed while you wait.

Enjoy the forum and your new Big Horn.

Jim M

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Geonkat, good luck with your new rig. I have the 3400RE, and it's a great rig. You can see everything from the bedroom to the back window, without obstruction, and we love ours, so I know you made the right choice. The only difference between ours and yours is that we didn't have a rear window, so we didn't need a second AC, as the wall kept the sun out from that direction. Don't forget to do the tent in the vent if you need it, as we did, and during the PDI, make sure air goes all the way to your bedroom's back vent, and check each and every vent so you know there is no breaks or air going between the ceiling and the roof.

Enjoy!