BH 3670RL "IS NOT" Being Discontinued

ihsolutions

I heard from a reliable source that Heartland plans to discontinue the popular Bighorn 3670RL.

The new 3570RS model is expected to be a big seller and is pretty similar, though it lacks the counter in the kitchen (which we use a lot) that is adjacent to the bathroom wall. I love that the sofa goes across the rear in this new model.

So, if you want a 3670RL you might want to hurry up before they are gone!

Last edited by a moderator:

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired
Re: BH 3670RL Being Discontinued

Why is heartland discontinuing models that have the L-shaped island in the Kitchen - first it was the 3585 and now 3670. Some of us do like the L-shaped island in the kitchen and to be honest because of the floor plan that was one of the main reason we bought a heartland and not a Montana

QUOTE=ihsolutions;271462]I heard from a reliable source that Heartland plans to discontinue the popular Bighorn 3670RL.

The new 3570RS model is expected to be a big seller and is pretty similar, though it lacks the counter in the kitchen (which we use a lot) that is adjacent to the bathroom wall. I love that the sofa goes across the rear in this new model.

So, if you want a 3670RL you might want to hurry up before they are gone![/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Speedy

Only time will tell if this is true but if Heartland discontinues floorplans with islands then so be it. We went with our BC 3650RL because we could not find a BH 3670RL on a lot ready to go. Look's as though the only upgrade would be a LM Key Largo; hope that is not our only option.

Wharton

We bought the 3670RL primarily for the kitchen layout and the counter by the bathroom. Great dumping spot when we come into the trailer and we love the space with the wrap around island. Happy we bought ours when we did.

rick_debbie_gallant

BH 3670RL Being Discontinued

We also bought our 3670 for the layout it had. We have more counter space in our fifth wheel then we do in our kitchen at home! Guess our next trailer will be a used 3670rl or an a Landmark Augusta. Stijl trying to figure out why Buick did away with the Buick Rivera. Oh we'll, the 3670 will become a classic. JMHO.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

We also bought the 3670 because of the floorplan, the kitchen in particular. First they mucked it up by cutting down the bedroom dresser and lose the clothes cabinet to rotate the W/D. Then they screwed up the computer desk/entertainment center. Now they want to discontinue it?? Doesn't make sense if it's one of their most popular models.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired

DW loves the 3670RL kitchen layout with all the cabinets and counter space. That was the deal maker for us over other BH models and some SOB's.

It was announced about a year or so ago that 3670RL was the best selling in the BH line. What happened?

If the rumor is indeed true, I fear some bean counter got in the way of what the customers really want. Trace

Last edited:

gardengal

We also bought the 3670 because of the floorplan, the kitchen in particular. First they mucked it up by cutting down the bedroom dresser and lose the clothes cabinet to rotate the W/D. Then they screwed up the computer desk/entertainment center. Now they want to discontinue it?? Doesn't make sense if it's one of their most popular models.

We agree with you John. They tinkered with the best floor plan till they messed it up good. Now it appears they're going to discontinue the best they ever made. What a shame.

kowAlski631

We just took delivery on our 2013 3670RL on Wednesday!! We'd looked at all brands & floorplans over the past 3 years, but kept coming back to the BC 3670RL because of its layout & kitchen counters. What a disappointment if they discontinue this floorplan. From the feedback I've read, we're not the only ones in love with this model. BTW - loving all the storage space in this - I have almost too much.

jbeletti

I checked with Kary and was told that the 3670 is NOT on the chopping block as of right now. We are closely monitoring sales of the floor plan and like any brand and floor plan, if sales dip very low and hold there, it tells us we're not building what people want.

Whenever we eliminate a floor plan, this should not be construed as taking anything away from those who bought it. They were all fantastic floor plans and remain so for those who have them.

In a world where we cannot maintain an unlimited amount of floor plans simultaneously, we end up keeping those that continue to sell well. And we end up replacing those that drop off to extremely low levels, with new floor plans based on our best read of what consumers are now asking for.

It's a balancing act for sure. Are we the best at it? I'm not sure. But we try to be pretty aggressive in listening what people want and doing our best to make it a reality. And of course, nothing precludes a floor plan or re-imagined version of it coming back down the road if demand is there.

Thanks everyone for whatever Heartland brand and floor plan you bought. It's special to you and fits your needs. Down the road, as tastes change, as your personal needs change, other floor plans may appeal to you and they then become your favorite. And for some of you, you're able to upgrade or move into another coach.

Happy camping and keep on telling us what you like and want. Do this in our Design Ideas forums within each brand's community section on the forum. Here's a link to the Bighorn Design Ideas forum.

Jim

JohnDar

So then, this makes Jeff a rabble rouser. Tie him to the pin box and give him twenty lashes.

ihsolutions

Well it looks like there's egg on my face! Glad to hear this, I still think the 3670RL is a great floor plan. The person who told me this must have been misinformed. Thanks Jim for setting the record straight.

ihsolutions

John, you're a trouble maker.

Maybe instead of tying me to the pin box, make me run back and forth under the overhang while tazering me so that I jump and bang my head on the pin. Never done that before!

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired

I would be interested to know how sales of the "new" 3670 compare to the floor plan built prior to 2012.

For us the 2011 hit the bull's eye. We are taking very good care of her as we see nothing else on the market we would rather have including the 3670 currently made.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Dave, We agree, our 2011 3670 is still the best yet, IMHO. Trace

JohnDar

John, you're a trouble maker.

Maybe instead of tying me to the pin box, make me run back and forth under the overhang while tazering me so that I jump and bang my head on the pin. Never done that before!

Sounds like fun! We could hang some buzzers and bells down there and rack up points, just like pinball. You'll have to change your "handle" to Sparky after we're done, though. ;)