Is the BH 3670RL retiring??

back2nature

Checking out the floorplans for BigHorns on the Heartland site last night, and it shows the BigHorn 3670RL as "Dealer Stock Only". Can this be true? Is this the end of the line for the 3670? That is such a popular model and one we're partial to.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Are the ones making this decision the same ones that decided that interiors need to look like mausoleums?

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
They seem to be getting away from the separate desk. The 3455RL is also going away, which has the desk/entertainment slide as well. BOOO, I love my desk in my ElkRidge, which is similar to the 3670RL, and want this feature in our next coach. So do my cats.

527.jpg

Erika

Theresau

Another thought is that they are getting rid of those with a peninsula kitchen and/or 4 slides? Note that none of the remaining floorplans have that configuration.

Those with the side entertainment center have built in desks - 3570 is similar to 3670 but has an island and side entertainment center with built in desk. We have that entertainment center - really nice and functional. Desk is pulled out and opens as well - I keep linens in it. There is a file drawer as well.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Another thought is that they are getting rid of those with a peninsula kitchen and/or 4 slides? Note that none of the remaining floorplans have that configuration.

Those with the side entertainment center have built in desks - 3570 is similar to 3670 but has an island and side entertainment center with built in desk. We have that entertainment center - really nice and functional. Desk is pulled out and opens as well - I keep linens in it. There is a file drawer as well.

Theresa,

It may work for some, but that hidden slide-out desk isn't a desk that I would use. The slide-out desk seems to be a good solution for "temporary need", but would be awkward and interfering, the way I use a desk for my work. Maybe the Sequoia floorplan will make an appearance in the BigHorn line?

I agree they seem to be getting away from the L-shaped kitchen as well.

Erika

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Having the full desk in my 3670 is needed in order to have a laptop, printer, and 17 lb. cat sitting on it. That pull-out "desk" with the TV in my face doesn't cut it. The kitchen layout is what sold us on this rig.

Just as well, I figure I can get at least another 5 years out of this rig, then who knows what direction we'll take.

Theresau

I'm going to be working out of the RV as well. I'm thinking I'll use the slide out desk while working. I have the printer in a cabinet - it's a small wireless not an all-in-one as I had in the 2010 BH - that is definitely a shortfall. I'll have folders in the file drawer and put everyday paperwork away in the pop up area in the desk. There is an open cubby to place the computer when not in use (with an outlet) to the left of the desk. Hoping this will work out. After hours if TV is in use I can put laptop on the table as well....or TV in basement area can be used instead....

Greatest concern is the printer since it's not an all in one - still need to figure that out in case I need to scan and send files.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Sorry to see it go. Great floorplan.

We bought our 3670 based on the (2) L shaped kitchen counter(s) and tons of kitchen cabinets. Plus the desk.
It is great for fulltiming.

The newer floor plans with the island kitchen look more open, but have far less usable kitchen cabinet and counter space. IMHO.

Trace

back2nature

We absolutely need a desk for our work. I have four websites to maintain. The laptop is always out on top of it and the printer fits perfectly in the shelf below the counter. Plus I need room for paperwork. What would I do with all those things if we had just a slide out drawer under the tv? I hope Heartland takes that in to consideration and makes a floorplan in the future that has a usable desk area. Some of us fifth-wheel owners aren't just on vacation. We work and live in our rv. A desk is a must-have.

Also the 3670 kitchen. I wouldn't even consider another layout. Best counter space and storage they have.

Guess we're not upgrading any time soon.

Sent from my cell using Tapatalk2

kowAlski631

Guess all of us who love our 3670RL floor plans will have to really baby our rigs. We compared our BH with floor plans by HL & SOB for 3 years before we knew there was no other one out there to compare. It would take one heck of a new floor plan to change our minds.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
If it's anything like the communications business, they would get rid of a seemingly popular and functional product. (bean counters).

Then in a few years someone would get a promotion and/or bonus for dreaming up an almost identical product. They hadn't been around when we had it previously.
(Evolving in circles). LOL

Trace

Theresau

I will say I am surprised that they are no longer going to build the 3670 as it's the most commonly seen BH model in campgrounds at least here in MI and it sounds like those that currently own it really like it.

I just looked at pics of the 3670 again - the desk is nice with the window as well.

I will be working full time this winter out of the coach (I've worked out of my home office since 1997...) - I hope the desk configuration works - I'll have to test thoroughly before we leave. My biggest worry is the printer but there is a cabinet to the left of the fireplace for which a printer will fit. I wish that HL would have made better space in this entertainment center for a printer. They appear to have addressed the file drawer, etc.

wdk450

Not to steal the thread, but I purposely bought the printer I thought had the most functions with the smallest footprint, and lightweight, with RV travel in mind. Here is a pic of my HP Officejet J3680 Printer/Copier/FAX, that I bought on sale at Staples for 1/2 price - $49 . All of the paper guides fold up to give a footprint the size of the main assembly. It goes back and forth to the trailer with me in a box with paper, refill ink and the power supply brick.
officejet J3680.jpg

priorguy

Remember "New Coke?" If there's enough consumer negative feedback Heartland will have to introduce the "3670 Classic."

Dave49

As a fulltimer I will state the desk is a need to have item. When I am in the trailer and awake I am at the desk 90% of the time. I even have a executive chair that sits in front of it. The new desk ideas they are coming up with aren't desks, they are simply either a table or a drawer. As everyone else states here I keep looking for something newer but without that desk like the 3670 it won't qualify for us. I may have this for quite a long time. I have mixed feeling about the kitchen as sometimes I would like to have the openess of not having the L shaped counter, but when cooking a meal I want the counter space.