Big Country 3070 or Bighorn 3010re owners

Redrider007

I'm looking inot purchasing the Big Country 3070RE soon and just wanted to get feedback from those who have bought either model since they are basically the same. I would like to hear all the pros and cons.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
We have a 2014 3010re. We're currently on a cross country round about. This is our first multi month trip and we are very pleased so far. No unexpected issues to date. A few items have jiggled loose and need tightened but that's about it. We've driven across country and over the Rockies averaging over 10 mpg with the SD. Tonight we're in Wells NV heading up to see one of our sons in MT. Talked to a BC 3070 owner in Branson to compare notes. He was as happy with his BC as we are with our BH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stevenssr

It's definitely a decision you can't go wrong with either way. As far as pro's and con's it all comes down to what you are willing to pay a little extra for and where you are aren't. The features and options website for each model should be a lot of help for this decision. Ever since I've had my Big Country and gone to RV shows I haven't seen any other brand or floor plan that I would trade for. However, if I had the 3010RE I would love it just as much because they are so similar. I will tell you one odd ball fact. On the website it says you can't get theater seating as an option. Mine has theater seating listed as an option on the option list and I love it. They are comfortable, don't hit the wall when you recline, and store easy for transport. BTW, it wasn't dealer installed. Also, you should probably try to sit at both sides of the dining room table and see if you can live with how tight it is. We don't use our table that much, so it doesn't matter to us. The fact that you know these trailers are that similar shows that you've already done some homework. Good luck with your decision!

Scott

GOTTOYS

They both come off the same assembly line. Buy the one you like best. Me, I wouldn't care for the rear entertainment part of them but that's a personal choice..Don

brianlajoie

I just went through the same process to find our 5er. When I looked at the two models at different dealers, the BH had a standard King Bed and I believe it is an option on the BC. The other is the interior color. My wife and I did not like the off yellow furniture in the BC. We bought the BH. The models are basically the same visually, but not exactly. I think options could sway which one you would want. I would be happy to share more information if you would like. We've had the trailer three weeks now and really like it.

Harry1

We preferred the BH over the BC due to the options/color schemes. Love the 3010RE. Dining table area alittle tight but for 2 not a problem. We elected to go with the queen bed and are glad we did as the bedroom with queen has nice "move around" area. We've had ours 7 weeks now full timing. Some minor issues at delivery but very satisfied so far! Love the coffered ceiling too!

timpas

We purchased a Big Country 3070RE primarily for the layout. As mentioned by "Gottoys" the layout is a personal issue. We liked the larger shower... definitely we have found the triangle (or diamond) shaped corner shower is not for us. We do like the rear entertainment center. We took out one of the two recliners to make more room for a small cabinet and a computer stand. We found we are happy with one of us on the couch and the other in the recliner. The workmanship is less than perfect, but that's true for just about all manufacturers... screw holes drilled in the wrong place and afterwards drilled over a couple of inches, aluminum drill scraps left in the window sill, cabinet hinges that pop out after less than 500 miles (had to epoxy), wiring bundle installed in a poor location resulting in slide out rubbing and exposing bare 110 wiring (fire hazard), fresh water drain hose not installed correctly resulting in tank draining and several other small issues... all now corrected. We now have just over 6,000 miles and are pleased with the overall results of this unit. The biggest shortfall is the hydraulic slide arrangement... for our unit all three slides must go out one after the other without controlling them separately. Starts with the bedroom then the other two in the living room and kitchen. Means if you are on the road you and want lunch you either plan to open all slides or have the food on the right side of the fridge and not use the table. Options are available to have slides open separately but we were inexperienced with a unit with slides and did not consider this. We are told retrofit is difficult and expensive. Make sure you specify the separate control for each slide and pay the extra for this up front.

bigdob24

We have a BC 3070RE and it's very nice . We like the large kitchen area and the full size fridge.
The bigger shower is a plus for sure. Lots of storage , in fact I think the wife has not filled every space;-)
The coach is heavy and needs a DRW truck to handle the weight.I learned that the hard way.
When on the road we plan ahead and get the needed food and drink placed where you can access it with out opening slides.
That is one of the big two for me , when on the road access to the refrigerated and bathroom with out any trouble.
The rear entertainment is OK , I would prefer the TV across from my chair , but I don't watch much TV .
The furniture is adequate , we took out two dinning table chairs and I turned the table and fastened it to the wall to stabilize it , but it's still tight.
Lots of storage inside and out in the basement too, really like the UDC and the Anderson Valve with all the controls right there.
The furnace is nice and with the insulation is easy to heat, the air ( we only have one so far) is very noisy but does ok, may have to get a second installed soon, will be looking for a quiet model, any suggestions?
It's very comfortable and we will be going to West Texas right after XMas and then Arizona for a few months
Heartland makes a great RV , we have had 3 or 4 :)

Mrsfish

We also have the 3010re and couldn't be happier. Interior has more storage than anything else we looked at in tis size. Love, love the kitchen layout- very functional. We love the rear entertainment system. Love the fact that when we want to watch tv- up it comes. But when I don't want to have the tv in my space I don't have to see it and I get a great big rear window and a long extra counter to put stuff on. We travel with 2 or 3 85 pound dogs and have lots of room. Converted the washer/dryer closet into our fishing closet. We've done several mods that we feel only I proved a great camper. Keep in mind that at this size (35) you can still get in a lot of places that the bigger rigs can't. To me that offsets the tight dining room table :). Good luck on your decision and happy travels.