Big country, eliminate dining table and chairs

Capt7383

We have a big country 3070re 2014 model. After one year we found that the dining table was worthless. Not enough room to sit at and it became a large shelf at least for us. So I disassembled it and used the table top to extend the island counter. It is attached on folding shelf brackets.image.jpg
i also made an oak dining counter that is attached the same way to the front of the island. We will use folding chairs for the dining counter, easy to store and not always taking up space. Works for us

image.jpg

We put in a tv stand where the table was for additional storageimage.jpg

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Nice mod! While we do use our table a lot, the four chairs were a pain. So we gave them to a friend and bought two oak Windsor chairs and two sturdy wooden folding chairs for guests. The folders fit behind and under the sofa.

stevenssr

Good ideas. I have the 3070RE and can't believe anybody but small kids or 90lb adults would use that table. Besides the few inches of clearance between the table and chairs I've never understood why 4 chairs. It should be 2 chairs with a smaller table, so normal adults can use it. I know the couch has a bed in it, but why did they try to push 4 chairs into a unit primarily designed for 2 people. I love the overall design of our unit, especially the windows, but that and the cheap couch too big for the slide are annoying. The Bighorn 3010RE, essentially an upgraded version of the same unit, seems to have done a much better job on the table.

caissiel

Shame that we have to pay so much for so little space. We love our 6 year old layout that has since shrunk to make more room to the bedroom.