Big Country heater not working

Help! Our propane heater stopped working while it was running. We thought maybe we had just run out of propane but we had just filled the tanks. We reset the thermostat and tried it again and it came on for a while then stopped again and now it won’t come on at all. Any suggestions?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If you just changed/filled the tanks, there may be air in the lines. Light a stove burner and leave it in for a minute or so to clear it. Then try your heater again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RoadJunkie

Does the fan initially come on and then go off? Can you hear the ignition spark in an attempt to light the heater?

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
To me it seems like you may have air in the line. I would light a burner on the stove for 15 seconds or so and try again. Did you check the fuses in your panel?

rmn72

Turn the fan on manual and high, then turn the heat on and leave it until you hear the heat cycle on. Let the heat run for a couple of minutes, then turn everything off. Reset furnace back to auto and heat and turn the temp up until the heat comes back on.

Oregon_Camper

Do you have LCI Level up? If so, can you unplug the RV, then read the voltage off the LCI controller?

Reason you ask?

Just making sure your battery is full and your converter is working properly.

danemayer

Close the valves on your propane tanks and then re-open them verrrry slowly. There is an overflow protection device that can engage if the valve is opened too fast.

Yes, your stove top burner is working, but that takes much less propane than the furnace. So you could have just enough propane flow for the stove, but not for the furnace.

If that doesn't help, there's a furnace troubleshooting guide in this folder.