Big Country - Jensen stereo removal

tcfake613

Re: ATF: Big Country - Jensen stereo removal

Happy,

What is the model number of the Jensen stereo you have in your unit?

Last edited:

archbarb

I'm not sure of the Toshiba model in my BC, but I have the same Jensen. Call Jensen tech support at 877-845-8750 and tell them whats going on. Might be a problem with your Jensen!!!!!

Archie

happykraut

Archie, I've called Jensen already and they referred me to Toshiba. One thing bothers me a bit. The power cord doesn't plug in to the converter very good(had to force it in). I don't know how to trouble shoot the converter to see if it is really getting power. I was also wondering if the TV has to be set a certain way.

tcfake613

Archie, The only thing you need to do is set the Jensen to whatever aux input you are using and the sound from the tv will come out. Don't remember having to change any settings on the Toshiba. I don't have the rig near me to check it out right now.

Which part number converter did you order? The Jensen AWM970 does NOT appear to have the optical and COAXIAL connectors like the higher model 975. If your rig has the 970 then this is a step down from what they were putting in these rigs in 2011.

In other words the converter needs to have a RED and WHITE RCA connector on the output side to hook into the Jensen.

happykraut

I purchased the 2947 converter. The 970 does not have an optical input. The converter has an optical in and one RCA output port. And yes, the converter is getting power. I'll be leaving early in the morning to go camping. I most likely will not have a internet connection. Thanks so much to all that are helping me out. How can I go wrong with so many great people out there.

caissiel

I have the 970 and the TV Audio sound out is connected to the DVD auxiliary RCA inputs at the rear on top of the unit. The second aux input is on the front panel and its called aux A/V in. It will kill the TV sound if plugged in to an other sound source. And I had to run a single video Yellow to the AV input of the TV. When I play a dvd the sound is through the Ceiling speakers and no TV sound.

archbarb

I purchased the 2947 converter. The 970 does not have an optical input. The converter has an optical in and one RCA output port. And yes, the converter is getting power. I'll be leaving early in the morning to go camping. I most likely will not have a internet connection. Thanks so much to all that are helping me out. How can I go wrong with so many great people out there.

happykraut,

In a nutshell your Toshiba has a digitai audio output on the back side. The Jensen 970 only has analog. So to make a long story short a "Digital Audio to Analog Convertor" is required.

gefen.jpg

With that you will need these fiber optic cables to go from the digital audio out on the back of the TV, to the optical input on the converator

fiber optic cable.jpg

Then a regular set of RCA cables from the out on the converator to aux. 1,2 or 3 on the Jensen!!!!!

Archie

happykraut

Archie, it looks like I might have the wrong converter. Do you have the model number of the converter shown? I have the optical cable.

archbarb

Archie, it looks like I might have the wrong converter. Do you have the model number of the converter shown? I have the optical cable.

It seems Amazon has a pretty good price on it, and if I saw correctly free delivery. The brand name is Gefen, and the part number is EXT-DIGAUD-2-AAUD.

I'm sure you can go on line and find other brands or even this one cheaper, your choice!!!!!

Archie

happykraut

I'm back from the camping trip. One of the best ones I've been on locally. Great hiking, scenery and fall colors. Now back to my problem. If it weren't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any at all. While trying to hook up my VCR to the Toshiba(no reception at the State Park), the Jensen lost power. After some trouble shooting, I found out that I lost the ground on the Jensen. A jumper will temporarily fix it. Archie, will this http://www.amazon.com/Cables-Go-40429-Dual-Output-Digital/dp/B001DF2KC2 work? It is only $28 versus $48. Thanks again. Also, the reviews aren't too great on the $47 model.

archbarb

I'm back from the camping trip. One of the best ones I've been on locally. Great hiking, scenery and fall colors. Now back to my problem. If it weren't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any at all. While trying to hook up my VCR to the Toshiba(no reception at the State Park), the Jensen lost power. After some trouble shooting, I found out that I lost the ground on the Jensen. A jumper will temporarily fix it. Archie, will this http://www.amazon.com/Cables-Go-40429-Dual-Output-Digital/dp/B001DF2KC2 work? It is only $28 versus $48. Thanks again. Also, the reviews aren't too great on the $47 model.

It seems only one RCA jack on the out to the Jensen40429out.jpg

You'll need two for the RCA "red & white" to the Jensen
gefen 1.jpg

I'm sure there are many others out there that will work. Try Radio Shack maybe!!!!!

Archie

happykraut

Archie, just got done installing the converter you recommended. Works like a champ. Thanks to all those that chimed in. My wife should be pretty happy now.

archbarb

Archie, just got done installing the converter you recommended. Works like a champ. Thanks to all those that chimed in. My wife should be pretty happy now.

Good for you, now you and the DW can enjoy the tv thru the ceiling speakers!!!!!

Archie