Big Horn 3670 A/C

jimtoo

Wharton, I hope your 30 to 50amp change over plug (adapter) is not bad and you changed your trailer wiring to where when you plug into a 50amp service you will be trying to feed everything from just one leg of the 50 amp plug.

And no,,, one a/c is not going to keep a 3670 cool in the summer time in Az or Texas, NM, OK or most any place in the South. Might be bearable, 80 or so,, but not comfortable.

Wharton

I am not sure if we will be feeding from one leg or not(I haven't looked at his final diagrams). Even if we were plugged into 50A, one leg if 50A which is more than we ever had in the past. We had a 34' full time trailer(30A service) with 1 AC and never blew a circuit. 30A service is generally plenty of electricity, we think the only reason they have the 50A service is for the dryer and 2nd AC. In other 50A service trailers we looked at the 2nd AC, washer and dryer are usually the only thing on the 2nd leg. We thought it was a bit unusually to wire the rig with the TV, 2 AC and W/D all on the second leg.

We would only use the 30A if 50A was unavailable, so this is just a precaution.

StephenKatSea

We purchased a 4' x 25' roll of "alum bubble" insulation at Home Depot for about $40. Measured and cut to size, it fits well in all windows. We do not use tape, although that would create a tighter and more efficient fit. It is likely to leave unwanted adhesive residue on the window fittings and/or walls. A good snug fit of the alum bubble insulation has been sufficient on our prior RVs in the 100+ degree desert summer temps. And yes, the "dump" of the salon AC, is as previously described by others. With the newly installed portable bedroom AC putting out ample cool air forward, there is no need to "duct" cool air away from the salon unit. So, the "dump" directs all rear roof unit cooled air to the living room area. As previously mentioned, we cook outdoors in the summer and if using the microwave etc, secure at least one AC for that brief period. We also placed alum bubble insulation on the interior walls of the "sunny side" pantry cabinets.

We are really enjoying our "new" 3670 and look forward to using it throughout the year while it remains at our Lake Havasu/Colorado River site.

Wharton

We use the aluminum bubble stuff when we put our trailer into storage. Place it over oll the windows. Years ago tried velcro to hold it up but didn't work. The large windows in the 3670 are a challenge. Yesterday we bought "J" channel and will put up little pieces to hold the alum. We carry this with us and use it on the sunny side windows if we accidentally hit a super hot spell while out, really helps a lot. I just don't like how dark it makes the trailer.

I beleive you can put in a coleman ac in your bed room without any problems, we have the small coleman and don,t have any problems. the coleman draws a lot less amps, you just have to be a little carefull but it works for us and it will get you through the hot days. I beleive ours is a 9000 btu check out the amps it uses. nice unit low profile bought it at camper world. I hope this helps good luck! Jim Thomas