Big Horn bumper pull?

GregP

Funkdharley, you are probably the only person who can decide if the trailer is worth 6900. It goes without saying that you need to personally inspect the vehicle top to bottom before laying out any cash; but this would apply even if you were buying brand new. If you don't feel comfortable with evaluating the trailer yourself...do it with someone you trust who has knowledge and experience. You mentioned a lack of storage space. If you plan to use the trailer in your travels, this could be a major issue. You can never have too much storage. It doesn't matter who made it, or who used it before you. What matters now is whether it suits your purposes and will not cost you a ton for repairs and upgrades. Good luck with your search and possible purchase.

Funkdharley, you are probably the only person who can decide if the trailer is worth 6900. It goes without saying that you need to personally inspect the vehicle top to bottom before laying out any cash; but this would apply even if you were buying brand new. If you don't feel comfortable with evaluating the trailer yourself...do it with someone you trust who has knowledge and experience. You mentioned a lack of storage space. If you plan to use the trailer in your travels, this could be a major issue. You can never have too much storage. It doesn't matter who made it, or who used it before you. What matters now is whether it suits your purposes and will not cost you a ton for repairs and upgrades. Good luck with your search and possible purchase.

first time camper buyer...lot I don't know. years ago my dad bought a brand new 34' pace arrow class a, but camping in that wasn't really camping. this unit I am considering is 3-1/2 hours away, has no awning or outside storage, and has bunk beds...and I have gotten very little info or pics from the owner, so I guess I will pass. I have gotten conflicting info on the parent company...Wikipedia says heartland was bought out by thor (which I have been told to avoid) and yet people online say it is owned by forest river....who do I b elieve?!?!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
It's important that you do your own research and not rely on what people tell you.
Thor is the parent company of Heartland. Thor is also the parent company of Jayco. Both Heartland and Jayco are solid companies in the industry.
So some of the information you have been told is accurate and other not.

Peace
Dave

GregP

The three hour plus distance shouldn't be the determining factor. It sounds like you are not interested in bunk beds, no exterior awning and lack of outside storage. Persevere in your search. There are lots of units out there that will have what you want, but you might have to travel a bit to check them out. at the end of the day...it's your money, so you decide where and how to spend it. Good Luck.