Big Horn Dealers

shopping the internet

I've shopped for a year plus. Checked all the internet players and my local dealer(55 miles). Sent spec sheets and received prices. John at Lakeshore responded with a price that was well under my lowest bid to date. Called him to go ahead with the purchase. John came back with, well you will want to up-grade this option, upgrade that option and suddenly the price was more than a thousand dollars more than I had from other dealers, all working on the same spec sheet. I did not appreciate the bait and switch tactics and I told John that. He seemed surprised at my sentiment and surprised that I wasn't going ahead with the purchase. I settled on Pricebusters. Don't pick it up until the 1st week of June but to date Brent has been most helpful. Looking forward to a smooth transaction and getting on with dragging the 3400Rl to as many parts of this beautiful country as I possibly can.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We too bought from Pricebusters...great sales experience. However, if you are going to have it serviced (at least in the Springfield, OH location), be warned...worst service we've ever had. Would never take our unit back there...ever!

That was back in July of last year...heard they had some internal shakeups...maybe things are better now, let us know of your experience.

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
The best way to buy a Heartland RV is to buy one at a RV show for several reasons. The mfgr. has incentivized the dealer there so then can sell as many as they can with alot of free extras and options they can pass on to the buyer. ie: stainless steel sinks, hitches and brake controllers included,
HDTV's and fantastic fans in bedroom, central vacs, electric awnings etc. Really importantly, the Heartland state rep is usually in attendance and can seal the deal for you. I can't tell you how much I paid for my 2009BH 3400RE, but I guarantee no one beat my price with all the options, including John from Lakeshore. I would consider John Black from Clovis RV, as a great source, and Mike Moreland CA rep of Heartland before I bought. If you want to stay close to home, use the same methodology and find out your state rep. Also most importantly, ask your dealer for a options list which states the basic MSRP and all the options with retail prices. Then you can choose carefully what you really want. Since I live in CA I didn't get the dual pane windows but I wish I did. As far as warranty svc. if you buy far from home, no big deal, as there are plenty of places that Heartland will approve that are close to home. My guy in San Clemente, Rick's Trailer Supply, has worked on several Bighorns and he is 2 miles from my house and one mile from my storage. There is also always Camping World who installed my hitch. I also suggest negotiating a 7 yr zero deductible extended warranty pkg for self protection, just like you did your tow truck. I studied this for 6 months so if anyone has questions from this rookie, PM me.

Johnboy

Bighorn Dealers

We found that Bob at Woodland RV in Tawas City, MI is a very honest dealer and is very up to date on the units. Excellent service manager in Jim who handled our warrenty work excellent.They also gave us the best deal around even those on Ebay.

John & Nancy Naessens
2007 Bighorn 3400RL
2006 Ford 2500

fljlcw

we also searched all over and speacial ordered our 3580 from hartland in elkhart good people

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
I just bought a 3670rl from kent mitchell rv in hammond, la. They beat all the "internet" dealers by far. Great price! Due in the middle of march.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Congratulations. Now on to the Heartland Owners Club membership. Have fun and we may see you down the road.

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
I'm sure we will meet you in texas or south la. Were you at the fall rally at rayford crossing? I was there with a big "geaux mcneese cowboys" sign on the back of our rv. We were looking at bighorns at the time and freaked out when we saw all of them there. We didn't know what was going on. Finally sold our rv and just ordered the 3670rl. Kenny

Tom of Ypsi

Kenny,

We were one of the group (Classic Landmark owners) in Rayford last fall and do remember talking with you and your group. Come show off your new BH at the spring rally April 3-5 at Rayford. Congratulations on your purchas of a BH and welcome to the HL family.

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
Were you the one living in it and we toured your unit? We are looking to make the rayford thingy if our rv comes in on time the middle of march.

Tom of Ypsi

It was probably our coach you toured and yes this is our house. What makes this a nicer house than our old bricks and sticks beside the fact that it is a Heartland, is the backyard, it is huge.

Bobby A

My wife and I met Rob Reid at his dealership Great Lakes RV last week, he beat our local dealership hear in MI by over 2K, I would buy from him in a minute but he doesn't take trade In's. He is a great guy, and does alot of work for the factory

RVerFulltime

Fulltiming Since 2004
Great Lakes RV

My wife and I met Rob Reid at his dealership Great Lakes RV last week, he beat our local dealership hear in MI by over 2K, I would buy from him in a minute but he doesn't take trade In's. He is a great guy, and does alot of work for the factory

We have recently ordered a BIGHORN from Great Lakes RV ( www.greatlakesrvcenter.com ). They were thousands less than any other quote we received. They are taking our trade-in, but they are not giving much for it. From the price quotes we got back from different dealers, trade-ins have very little value in this economic market place. For us, what they gave for the trade-in did not matter. It was the cash price difference that had meaning to us.

We have our fingers crossed that QC is set at a high standard when Heartland builds our unit. We really just hope that the people building our unit do a great job since the design of the 2010 BIGHORN looks so great!None