Big Horn or Big Country-which is best & why?

Buckeye

Newbie has question- I am confused over the differences between these two models. NADA values indicate that the Big Horn used value is substantially higher than the Big Country fifth wheel. Why???

jbeletti

The Big Country price of today's coaches are not much different than Bighorn. My sense is in the next year or so, the NADA used prices for 2012 model year and newer units will be closer.

As for which is better... The one you like better is best :) Not being flippant - but each has a bit different level of trim and amenities. Both are great coaches, built in the same plant by the same employees.

Phatkd

I love my BigHorn. Fit and finish is tight and well executed. I don't know what your indented seasons of use will be, but the "Yeti Package" is a must for any cold weather camping you might do be it in the spring or fall or winter. Good luck on your quest!

VKTalley

We own a Big Country and absolutely love it but I agree with Jim, it comes down to personal taste and what amenities you want. For us, the decision was made by my love of the rear kitchen in the 3690SL and my husband's love of separate/distinct areas...e.i. - living room area, kitchen area....not all in one. One of my favorite features of my coach is I get to welcome my guests into my living room first instead of the kitchen. The first coach that my husband and I agreed on was a Big Horn (don't remember which one) but then I found the 3690SL layout on the Heartland website and loved it especially after walking through it. We continued to look at other floor plans but kept coming back to this one. Look at all the great options of each coach, tour as many as you can, and then make the decision based on your needs. Hope this is helps you, Buckeye!

BTW, I love your signature line!

PSF513

We have owned both. Started with Big Country. Worked great while grandkids camped with us. When parents bought a 5th wheel, we sold the BC and bought a BH just for US. We love them both but BH has more amenities that we wanted

Depending on your needs and budget, either will serve you well.

neilandnanci

We have a Big Country and looked at both extensively, but loved the floor plan on the one we decided on and the different woods on the inside. That is what was our deciding factor. We love it and are fulltiming it. It works perfect for us.

kowAlski631

It's all a matter of personal preference. Find a floor plan you like & go for it. There's a floor plan out there that will be the one for you. We looked at a lot of different ones before & after we saw "ours" and never found a layout that we fell as comfortable in as the one we bought. As long as it's a Heartland product, you get a great rig. IMHO.

Martha

VKTalley

Thanks, Buckeye!! I can't take credit for it. My husband is the writer....I just take pictures for him though he is usually the photographer. :)

MCTalley

I will just jump in and say that my wife summed things up the same way I would. Also, if you like one over the other for one reason (like us with the floor plan) but like some of the features of the other (trim, accessories, etc.) you may be able to get things customized at the factory if you order. Or, like we did, just swap things out on your own. Our blog contains several articles of changes we made to our coach to personalize it to our tastes.

Buckeye

Thanks again for all the replies. The max weight I can tow with my 2500HD is 12000 llbs so I may have to find an RV that meets that. Most of the BH or BC seem to exceed that dry much less fully loaded.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Buckeye, are sure about the weight for a 5er. What year is your truck and what engine does it have.. My 05 2500 D/A SB CC was rated at 22K GCVW with a 5er and my 07 D/A LB CC is rated to pull a 15200# 5er at 22K also.

caissiel

For us the the BC made better sense due to W/D back closer to axles and the unit is 1k lbs lighter then BH. We have no expensive options and I installed my own sellection hydraulic valves which to me are best in the industry.
Our F250 pulls the 3500RL with ease. There is an other BC here of the same lenght pulled by 3500 SRW Ram with same tires as mine next to our site.
Sent from my SPH-M910 using Tapatalk 2

happykraut

The reason we picked the BC over the BH is because my wife wanted a rear kitchen and I wanted one that wasn't too long. The color was also a big plus.

Last edited: