Big Horn Sighting Sinks Canyon, Lander, WY

truknutt

Committed Member
Just a UAW member from the Dodge Truck line in Warren Michigan running that Toyota outta "Dodge"!! :D

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Was in WY that same day. Glad I did run into that ram with my new ram!!! He sure ment business.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Hay Ron
I was raised in Midwest, Wyo. Graduated 1962.
Attended Kindergarden in Riverton. There use to be a building in a square that had irrigation ditch running around it. We would float sticks and little boats in the water.

Last time was there the square area with the ditch around it was still there but I don't remember if the building was gone or not..

We may end up going through Wyo this year. Know we are going to Montana. If your still around will give you a ring...

Set up your LOCATION and I will check it to see if your still in town or not.

Would be great to look for the old places I use to live. I remember a underground house or something on top of a hill. To long ago .. brain hurts thinking back that far.

BC

Hi Bob;
Riverton has a lot of irrigation ditches that run through the town. Also house lots have ditches that run through their property for grass watering; so if you were young, you could have played in these little ditches. Could the underground house have been the VFW or the RVEA buildings on Main Street? We have lived here twenty-eight years; both of our children grew up in Riverton. Do you remember what house address you lived at in town? Brenda and I will not leave Riverton for Casa Grande until November. If you cannot find us, stop in at the Davis Funeral Home here in Riverton, our son, Jamey, is one of the owners.

I've never "set up" a location. Can you walk me through it; I've only been on the BLOG for two months.

Take care,
Ron

TXBobcat

Fulltime
At the top of the forum is a menu. One of the selections is TOOLS. Click on Tools and then click on HOP - Heartland Owners Position. Once the map pins come up put your cursor over the map. A little hand will be shown. Move the hand over an area near where you want to show your location, such as the WY of Wyoming. Double click on Wyoming. Continue double clicking on the Wyoming map until you drill down to where you are located.

As you drill down you will notice that the Latitude and Longitude numbers on the right side change with each double click. I kept clicking on the map to Riverton and continued until I was all the way down to Main street and the railroad track. This should have a latitude 43.02464523739316 & longitude -108.39041858911514.

If you did the same thing to locate where you live or where you have traveled to in your RV. Now you can click on the SATELLITE button at the upper right map area you might usually see a picture of that area and really fine tune your location. If you zoom in to close you will not see a photo. Zoom out a little at a time. Once you get to the spot where you're located, copy the Latitude and Longitude to the Notepad.

Click on the menu above the map on the link that says [Your entry]. This will take you to your pin map area. Paste the Lat and Long in the proper area and fill out the other fields. See the third attachment photo for an example.

Below is photo examples of where I am staying at Elkhart Campground and my site at the rally

To see where I am on the map click on the map and keep double clicking on the map so you will see Elkhart IN. Keep double clicking and you will see a push pin. Click on the push pin and you should see my name on the pin bubble. Click on the Satellite button and you can actually see the campground sites.

Let me know if his helps.

Attachments

• HOP Elkhart In Site J303.JPG
    HOP Elkhart In Site J303.JPG
    124.2 KB · Views: 6
  • Goshen Fair Grounds.JPG
    Goshen Fair Grounds.JPG
    115.5 KB · Views: 6
  • HOP information fields.JPG
    HOP information fields.JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 4