Big Horn TV question

I have a 2006 3400rl. I would like to know if the front and rear tv's are on the same cable or are there separate cables running to each tv from the antenna? Also, I would like to know if I used a satellite receiver if there is a way to hook them together. I currently have a converter box for the living room tv and it works fine but am getting no reception in the bedroom.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
bruce, T separate coax cables feed the wall amplifier in the bedroom. One is from the roof antenna and the other is from the cable input in the docking center. When the antenna amplifier is on it feeds both front & rear tv's. When it's off, both tv's receive input from the cable input but it's split from the amplifier. You would have to do some custom coax routing to use the converter box to feed both TV's with an HD signal from the amplfier but it could be done. The problem becomes the remote for the converter is your channel changer control. As for the satelite receiver, in order for ir to work both tv's you would still need to run an extra coax. Most of us have broke doen and bit the bullet and bought HDTV's. There is a thread on the forum somewhere that has a wiring diagram that may help. I'll try to find it and direct you to it.

DMitch

The wiring diagram for the TV etc are on the Heartland website under the download section. Hope this helps.

Theresau

You would need a receiver for each TV (unless you find a way to connect the two TVs via the receiver - receivers may have add'l outputs that can be used to connect two TVs - however, it would be the same program on both TVs). The receiver is the controlling device here not the wiring.

Theresa

nemo45

I have dish network's dvr box that controls two tv's with two different remotes, one infrared (line of sight) for number 1 TV (entertainnment center) and the other radio controlled for number 2 TV(bedroom). I routed the outlet signal to the second tv(bedroom) thru the antenna circuit with a T coax connector. This tv is set to a higher channel (in my case 61) to view the satellite signal, which can be done on the satellite(dvr) box set-up menu. You can then watch the satellite signal on then bedroom tv and even watch different programs than tv 1, at the same time. You must have the antenna amplifier off for the second tv because you have both satellite and antenna signals going thru the same line. Also, the picture is not quite digital quality on the second TV. If I want to watch digital quality TV on number 2 TV(bedroom), I simlply turn on the amplifier and watch the local channels over the antenna. The antenna amplifier does not affect the satellite picture quality on number 1 tv because the two signals go into the satellite box on two seperate lines and vice versa. Don't know if this will work with anything direct tv has.