Bighorn 3260 Elite - Storage Compartment Lights won't work

GregBassine

Hello all, Just got our new RV and am going over it to make sure everything works (and also learning how to work it). Just about got it figured out (I think) except for one thing. In our see through storage compartment, there are two lights (one on each side). They both have on/off switches, but neither one will go on. I thought that maybe the bulbs could be burnt out, but for both to go at the same time on a brand new 2014 RV, that's kind of strange to me. Before I try to find new bulbs, I thought I'd check here to see if maybe I have something turned off somewhere else which directly affects these lights. I checked my fuses and they all look good. Any thoughts? You'd make my day. Thanks

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think that I can be a big help, but I do have a couple of ideas.
In order for the red LED to light up on the fuse panel, the suspect item must be turned on.
I would also check to be sure that there are in fact bulbs in the fixture. I guess that strange things can and do happen.
The next thing would be to remove the lens and pull the fixtures to be sure that all the wires are connected.
That's all I got. Hope it's that simple.

Peace
Dave

GregBassine

I don't think that I can be a big help, but I do have a couple of ideas.
In order for the red LED to light up on the fuse panel, the suspect item must be turned on.
I would also check to be sure that there are in fact bulbs in the fixture. I guess that strange things can and do happen.
The next thing would be to remove the lens and pull the fixtures to be sure that all the wires are connected.
That's all I got. Hope it's that simple.

Peace
Dave

Thanks, I'll give those ideas a shot and get back with the solution. I appreciate all your help. And Peace right back at cha!

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
If you have the 6 pt leveling, you turn them on and off with a rocker switch on the faceplate of the auto level panel. Of course the switches on the lights have to be in the on position also. Hope this helps.

jayc

Legendary Member
On my LM there is an on/off switch next to the Level Up control that is the master switch for my lights.

GregBassine

You folks are awesome! The master switch is on the Level-Up control panel. Wasn't sure what that switch was for, but wouldn't have thunk it was for the lights (an entirely different feature). Thanks again!