Bighorn 3270 bedroom TV

Restofrank

I am seriously thinking about ordering a Bighorn 3270RS and I am hesitating on ordering the bedroom TV because of the retail price of $750 for it. My question is are there factory room speakers installed in the ceiling from the factory when ordering the bedroom TV? I know that the option also comes with a TV bracket installed in the wall. I am in the auto restoration business and installing the TV myself is not a problem for me. I don't want to sound cheap but I'm concerned about the quality of TV that factory uses.

Last edited by a moderator:

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
Unless they have changed things, the 3270RS does not come with any kind of speakers in or attached to the ceiling. Same with the bedroom area.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I agree, aftermarket TV will be cheaper and lighter. We've had great success with Visio TVs in the RVs we've had. If you do go aftermarket, consider the replacement warranty that some retailers offer, just in case it doesn't hold up the rigors of rv life.

KrazyKampers

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-Retired
TV's are so cheap we went with one we purchased from Walmart and a mounting bracket we purchased on Amazon. We felt it was a better option. We'd have to go through 3 new TV's to get to the price for the factory installed option!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nuclearcowboy

We purchased our 2017 3970RD Bighorn just a few months ago and ordered it without the bedroom TV. $750 was just too much for what you get. What we did was then buy a great Samsung Smart TV for $239 from Best Buy and a mount for $75. Plug and cable with backer plate comes standard in the unit and the install was easy and we got a great TV for less than half the cost. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend going this route!

Restofrank

We purchased our 2017 3970RD Bighorn just a few months ago and ordered it without the bedroom TV. $750 was just too much for what you get. What we did was then buy a great Samsung Smart TV for $239 from Best Buy and a mount for $75. Plug and cable with backer plate comes standard in the unit and the install was easy and we got a great TV for less than half the cost. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend going this route!

Congratulations on you new Bighorn! Heartland makes a good 5th wheel. We just ordered a Bighorn without the Bedroom TV, your right you can't beat Samsung for the price we have one in our trailer now.

NYSUPstater

We as well couldn't swallow the $400+ 40" BR tv for or recently ordered BC. Funny that TL just arrived and section about products that will stand up to the rigors of RVing and for the electronic section, Insignia (made by Samsung??) was mentioned. Best Buy had a 40" LED for 220 bucks, so picked that up but will hold off on mounting bracket cuz I don't know where HL has the mounting location holes at. The tv in the LR is std and if I recall right after going into a couple, it is some off brand.

esscobra

All the plugs and connections will be there- you can get a much better tv and bracket for 300 or less- with and extended warranty on tv- the tv they use is the cheapest insignia, barely even hd I was going to get it just to have it already mounted etc, but im glad didn't- I got a moreryde locking mount 69.00 and sharp 1080p 32 lcd fo 179- call factory and they will send you where wall studs are and you don't have to mess with the straps to secure tv

CDN

B and B
Our dealer does not order the Factory TV. He buys specials at black Friday or Boxing Day and just throws them in for free. We have a RCA, when it fails we will replace with the best option available then.

Brian