bighorn 3570rl vs montana 3582

mrrocko

just got a 2012 dodge ram 3500 now ready to get a fw. i know floor plans are a personnel thing but which one is built to last the years for full timing?

jimtoo

Hi mrrocko,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Your are correct,, it's a personal thing. I think your comparing the Bighorn 3670RL to the 3582. The 3670RL has proven to be one of the best sellers of the Bighorn line. We have wanted one for several years and have found a clean used one we are in the process of trading for right now. I think your wife will like the kitchen area better as it looks like it has more counter space. I also do not see the need of two sinks in the bath and bedroom like the Montana has,,, wasted space I think.

But here again.. it's a personal thing. Ask your questions and our family of owners will help all they can. There is also a Heartland rally in Montgomery near you April 5 weekend. Go over and visit with some Heartlanders and get some first hand information.

And Yes,,, the Bighorn is built for full timing.

Enjoy the forum and keep us informed.

Jim M

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We full timed for six years in our 2008 3600 rl...very similar to the 3670. Upgraded to a Landmark in December for some of the new features we didn't have, but the Bighorn was still in perfect condition...everything was still working perfectly, looked like new and could have lasted indefinitely. Would definitely recommend it for full-time use...expect the Landmark to take us to that great campground in the sky...LOL!

mobilcastle

I looked at Montana and compared it to the Bighorn. The quality of the Bighorn was IMHO much superior to the Montana. When you open the basement door in the Montana look at the floor-you can see the OSB board and floor supports-where is the insulation? Now compare that one item to the Bighorn-their are many more. It is a matter of choice, but the construction and insulation was important to me. My wife loves the kitchen in our unit also. Good luck with your choice.

kowAlski631

We looked at all the models for a couple of years before pulling the trigger on our BH 3670 in which we will be full-timing soon. We used the "bounce" test in all (walk across the floor & see which one felt the sturdiest) & then looked in basements to validate our test results. We also toured the HL factory to see how each component appeared before & during assembly. BH won hands down & the 3670 was our favorite floorplan. It's right for us.

mrrocko

well it seems like it is getting harder to post keep getting the error message. thanks for the info just put a deposit on my big horn 3570

K

karykatz

mrrocko

Congratulations on your new bighorn 3570RS order. You are going to love it. Welcome to the Heartland RV family!!!