Bighorn 3750FL question.

Sohio

I was looking at a 2016 Bighorn 3750FL, and my wife and I really like the floor plan, but I was reading some older posts on here, and seen where they had a recall for some of the 2015's for axle placement and pin weight, and got me to thinking about the storage under the rear bedroom. I was wondering how much anyone puts in there, and how much it affects the pin weight. On my current 5th wheel, which is a Jayco with the front bedroom, we have quite a bit in the basement, which won't all fit in the 3750 as is a smaller front basement there. I worry about putting to much in the back and having towing issues.

I will be pulling w/ a 2015 F-350 dually. Thanks.

AAdams

We keep most of what was in our front basement in the rear storage now. All the cleaning/waxing supplies, a folding table that has 6 chairs, all out outside chairs, all my fishing stuff, sewer supports, 50A extension cord, Sat dish tripod and dish.... plus more. Front compartment only has electric heater, small tool box, ladder, dehumidifier, trash can. We do not have a generator.

Our CAT Scale of a '14 RAM 3500 Laramie 4x4 CC DRW and BH3750FL ( BH had propane but all other tanks were empty )
Truck only Full of Fuel and DEF

Steer Axle 5560
Drive Axle 4160
GVW 9720
GVWR 14000

Truck & Trailer

Steer Axle 5560
Drive Axle 7040
Trailer Axles 13520
CGVW 26120

PIN 17.5% 2880
Trailer Weight 16400

We have no problems pulling the trailer.

Alan

rdufek

The recall only affected a little over a 100 units. Upon moving the axles back 30.5 inches the pin weight has gone up considerably. I am trying to make it to the scales to get an accurate weight but I can tell you I have no concerns with using the rear compartments any more. When we picked up our unit prior to the recall I could tell right away it wasn't right, but now it pulls great. We love the storage under the rear bedroom, so much space and it is full. We have towed from NY to FL and back without any issues and have many trips planned. Our Tow vehicle is a 2014 Dodge Ram Dually with the Aisin transmission, no issues pulling at all and def plenty of pin weight. We LOVE our 2015 3750FL inside and out. This is our first Heartland product and even with the recall it has been a positive experience. Can't wait for our first Heartland Rally in Verona NY and Love this forum and community. Look forward to making many new friends.

Bob and Valerie

Sohio

Thanks guys, that makes me feel better, I really like the floor plan, and with the rear storage I think there is plenty of room. On the same topic, how does stuff ride in the rear storage, and for that matter the rear bedroom, was wondering if it would get bounced around to much. I have a small kayak, and I think it would fit in one of the rear storage areas, but didn't know how it would ride back there. Thanks again.

rdufek

Have light and heavy items in rear compartments, I haven't noticed anything move there. As far as the bedroom, it's pretty tight in there when its all closed up and I haven't had any issues. However........ had a couple issues with the residential refrigerator. The tab on the front didn't keep the doors shut while driving down the road on a couple of occasions. Needless to say I got a couple of surprises when opening up my trailer when arriving at my destinations and quite a bit of a mess to deal with prior to setting up. So fast forward, bought some refrigerator bars, spring loaded that go on the inside of the refrigerator, to hold the heavy stuff and also bought velcro cable straps to wrap around the door handles to keep the doors closed. Very inexpensive fix and haven't had any issues since.

Bob and Valerie

AAdams

Same here on the refrigerator bars, never had the doors come open, but it was sliding toward the door and hanging off the shelf when we opened the door. We were lucky and the gallon of tea didn't end up on the floor. As far as the stuff in the bedroom and rear storage, it travels well. No apparent movement, we haven't had anything try to come out when we first set up, or appear to be tossed. The stuff that rides on the bed stays there.

SharonH

Bob & Valerie, Were your repairs done at the factory? Our unit went to south Texas and we are still trying to get issues fixed. Heartland now has a Mobile tech coming out to work on our unit. Love the inside of our unit but have been extremely disappointed in the recall work done so far. Sharon

rdufek

No, our unit was repaired by our dealer. The dealer worked very closely with us and Heartland to get the recall preformed in a timely manner as we had booked a trip to Walt Disney World. Our unit was one of the earlier ones done. There was an issue with the skirting be loose under the kitchen slide but Heartland picked right up on it and contacted me before we left for Florida and sent some L-brackets which were easy to install to reinforce the skirting. So trip to Florida and back and to Maine and a couple local campgrounds done and no issues. We love our unit and being new to the Heartland family. Can't wait for our first Heartland rally in Verona next month and maling new friends.

Bob and Valerie