Bighorn - Air Conditioner model

SHerrick

I have a component failure in the Dometic air conditioner and I need the model number of the unit. I know it is a Dometic 15000 BTU HD model, but I need the actual model number to do a parts search. This is on a 2015 Bighorn 3270RS.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I have a component failure in the Dometic air conditioner and I need the model number of the unit. I know it is a Dometic 15000 BTU HD model, but I need the actual model number to do a parts search. This is on a 2015 Bighorn 3270RS.

If you call Dometic, they can probably tell you where to look on your unit. They sent me a page similar to the post above but was specific for my actual unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

SHerrick

If you call Dometic, they can probably tell you where to look on your unit. They sent me a page similar to the post above but was specific for my actual unit.

Thank you. I have been researching my notes and think I have located the actual type from commas I had for a failed board. Now I just need to locate a manual and try to identify the actual part number. I have searched online and come up with nothing using the nameplate data from the capacitor. It can’t be that mysterious of a part! It is nothing but a start/run capacitor!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Thank you. I have been researching my notes and think I have located the actual type from commas I had for a failed board. Now I just need to locate a manual and try to identify the actual part number. I have searched online and come up with nothing using the nameplate data from the capacitor. It can’t be that mysterious of a part! It is nothing but a start/run capacitor!

Try Dometic's website, I think I found "service parts detail" for my unit there.

SHerrick

OK, here's the information. The A/C units on the 2015 Bighorns are Dometic Hi Performance 15K BTU, Black, with CCC2 thermostats. They are model 541816AXX1J0. I got the board and capacitor replaced and it's too chilly to really try it, but I turned it down and tried running it, and at first, I didn’t think it was working, but then, with outside temps in the low 60's, I saw a puddle forming on the concrete! We had condensation! I’ll have to wait till temps go back up to check capacity, but for now, I have to believe it's working!