Bighorn/Big Country

Kiltedpig

Is there a list somewhere of what the differences between the Bighorn and the Big Country? Are the differences only trim changes or are there structural differences? Are there standard or options for the Big Horn that you can't get on the Big Country? Reading the brochures on both doesn't help because they seem to be the same. I would hate to order a Big Country and later find out that the Bighorn was what I should have ordered.

Speedy

The Big Horn and Big Country are made in the same Heartland plant and for the most part use the same components. The biggest difference between them is the available trim, style and decor. We purchased a BC because the BH was more money for a lot more forced options but as new models have come out the difference is more blurred. My MIL just bought a BH and there is little difference between ours and hers even with ours being three years older. The BH has solid interior doors instead of hollow core, gas springs on all the compartment doors, nicer lighting fixtures and less fake wood trim.

If we were to buy again I would look at the BH if it had a floorplan we liked but it all comes down to what it comes with and what do you want to replace after purchase. Our BC has most of the BH options after I put them on.

GOTTOYS

They both come off the same assembly line. Structurally they are the same. Same level of insulation, same windows. Interior fit and finish is the same. The Bighorn may have a few more amenities but there isn't much difference. Most of the different amenities on the Bighorn can be ordered on a Big Country. The basic differences are the exterior colors and the interior decor. You will be happy with either....Don

chaplady

Before we decided we physically looked at both the BC& the BH similar floor plans. From the frame suspension level up tires were same. Interior design was different but we actually like the big country over the big horn. Options are similar we purchased one off dealer lot it had options that were important to use. If you can physically see the coaches you are interested in sit in them for awhile talk about what you like and dislike.That's how we ended up with BC.