Bighorn - power king tires

jam1on1

my trailer is kept in an inside storage and camper might have 1000 miles on it since we got it a 2014 3610re so far i have lost 2 tires 1 on each side why does heartland put such junk tires on a great unit thinking of replacing with g614 which the trailer companies should put on from when built

'Lil Guy'

I believe Heartland has addressed this problem by switching to Sailun tires with the option for the more expensive G614 tires. My 2016 BH came dwith the Sailun tires.

Last edited by a moderator:

yport

Definitely swap out for the Goodyear G614's ... or I hear the Sailun are good too. I had the G614's traded out on my 2014 BH before I took delivery.

GOTTOYS

my trailer is kept in an inside storage and camper might have 1000 miles on it since we got it a 2014 3610re so far i have lost 2 tires 1 on each side why does heartland put such junk tires on a great unit thinking of replacing with g614 which the trailer companies should put on from when built
I like to call them delivery and display tires...Don

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
As others have said, Heartland is now upgrading their tire placement on new rigs.

My 2011 Bighorn came from Heartland with G-rated Sailun tires, which were very decent and held up well. When it came time to replace them, I went with Goodyear G614's.

I would definitely change your tires to either Goodyear or Sailun for a much better quality ST tire. Although I have never used them myself, others have had good luck with LT tires on trailers.

Look here to get a lot of information regarding your tire concerns. TIRES. Trace

My 2016 Heartland Wilderness has been in the shop since October and now the tell me they can not finish fixing the floor due to the flooring has been discontinued. Replacement of tires are easy compared to Warrantee Items.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
My 2016 Heartland Wilderness has been in the shop since October and now the tell me they can not finish fixing the floor due to the flooring has been discontinued. Replacement of tires are easy compared to Warrantee Items.

I dropped our Prowler off at the dealership on October 30, 2015 for warranty repairs that were supposed to take three weeks . . . it is still there and probably won't be done until the second week of January.

We had BlowMax tires on our previous 2013 Heartland and had just replaced them 80 miles before we traded it in on our new 2013 Heartland Prowler.

The Hi-Run tires we had put on the Trail Runner were the same size as the BlowMax tires that came on our Prowler, so the Hi-Run's now reside on our Prowler.

We've got around 1500 miles on them and so far they seem to be decent tires!

jam1on1

so on the way home my tire on the left side went drove 200 miles with belt broken at least the spare made it new goodyears soon

GOTTOYS

The flooring in your trailer is loose laid at the factory. The walls and cabinets are built on top of it. Just cut the old sheet out around the entire perimeter. Remove the sheet and lay over a new piece of sheet goods. Trace it onto the new sheet and cut it out. Lay the new sheet in place with no glue. The aluminum threshold by the door can be removed and reinstalled over the new sheet. You can use a metal transition sheet under the bathroom door to keep from having to pull the toilet if you wish. Once the new sheet is in place, just rim around the edges with 3/4 round or base shoe to hold it in place. This whole project shouldn't take more than a few hours at a cost of $50-75.00. Beats waiting for some dealer to to do nothing for months on end. Didn't mean to derail the OP but things like this really tick me off when the solution is so easy. There aren't many dealers I would go to......Don

Thanks for the thought. If I ever get it back I may have to do that. I would like to put in hardwood but the sliders would be an issue.