Bighorn - Shower Faucet Adjustment -- Tighten

fastmetal

2016 Bighorn 3575EL

I have looked for a access door that would allow me to tighten the cold/hot water faucet to the wall in our shower. Currently you can move it about a quarter of an inch in any direction. I'm concerned water could leak behind it down the interior wall.

I have searched for information throughout the website but have failed to find any info.

Thank you in advance on how to address this issue.

Paul

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Paul if you don't have a big round inspection cover inside the shower then there's probably a false wall inside the cabinet. Mine has a big picture on the bedroom wall that covers my access hole.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

fastmetal

Thank you Jess!

Now, the big round thing under the double faucet, twist or just pull out?

Thank you, Paul

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Twist counter clockwise I believe.
The hard part is trying to get a small wrench or a small pair of channel lock pliers in there.
You might want to tie a string on the pliers so when you drop them you won't loose them forever.
It's going to be awkward in there but just be patient, it's a small hole

Jerrod

fastmetal

Thank you Jerrod,

Sorry for missing your name.....

The string is a great idea, THANK YOU!!! My big hands will drop it more than once!! LOL

Will do it when it cools off tonight.

Thanks again,,,, Paul

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

The string will make it even more awkward then it already is but at least you won't loose your tools

padre44

Also, be careful with the gasket when you put the cover back on. If it gets kinked then water will leak in. Too easy to do - I know from experience.

fastmetal

Thank,

I put a little soap around the face just like what you would do changing a oil filter and screwed it back on.

Thank everyone for the help as the problem has been solved!!!!!

Paul

Also, be careful with the gasket when you put the cover back on. If it gets kinked then water will leak in. Too easy to do - I know from experience.

CDN

B and B
A Basin wrench works for tightening the shower facet as well. A string is a god idea too!!

Nuclearcowboy

I like to run a small bead of clear RTV around the shower valve access port just to make sure there is zero water intrusion behind the shower wall.