Bighorn Traveler 32 RS soundbar and Dish

hbdawg

I am a new 32RS owner and was wondering if I could put in a sound bar and a Dish receiver. Has anyone done this and where did you put them?Thanks!

esscobra

for sound bar- look at sony or vizio - fairly priced and make some smaller ones that will fit under your tv- if your feeling crafty - you can move the tv up to gain more room- I replaced the tv and mount with a locking one that will pull out if need be and moved up a bit to fit larger soundbar under tv and put sub into compartment next to fire place- ill see if I have some pics -

as far as dish depends on what type you go with - for years I had the portable type and mainly used on the ladder mount- only 2x in 7 years did I have to put on ground - and with most you can have a second tv/receiver however it is stuck on the same sat as primary receiver so somewhat limits what both tv can watch- so if you are using your new trailer a lot and want better reception and ability to watch any different programming on 2 or more tvs then look into roof mounted auto unit

added pic of how I did bedroom tv-

I will get some of main tv this weekend as have trip planned

Attachments

• pic5.jpg
    pic5.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 23

hbdawg

for sound bar- look at sony or vizio - fairly priced and make some smaller ones that will fit under your tv- if your feeling crafty - you can move the tv up to gain more room- I replaced the tv and mount with a locking one that will pull out if need be and moved up a bit to fit larger soundbar under tv and put sub into compartment next to fire place- ill see if I have some pics -

as far as dish depends on what type you go with - for years I had the portable type and mainly used on the ladder mount- only 2x in 7 years did I have to put on ground - and with most you can have a second tv/receiver however it is stuck on the same sat as primary receiver so somewhat limits what both tv can watch- so if you are using your new trailer a lot and want better reception and ability to watch any different programming on 2 or more tvs then look into roof mounted auto unit

added pic of how I did bedroom tv-

I will get some of main tv this weekend as have trip planned

Thanks. I'll move the tv up. As to the Dish I was wondering about where could I put the receiver (under the tv, on the counter next to the stove top, in the cabinet over the tv).

- - - Updated - - -

Congratulations on the 32RS, we have had ours for about 6 months and love it.

We went back and forth between the 32RS and the 32CK and finally decided on the RS since we were downsizing from am 41 foot toyhauler. We camped for 4 days last week and decided we made the right decision. Towing and parking were a breeze.

esscobra

I have mine in the cabinet above- there should already be connections to the tv in there

esscobra

IMG_1518.jpgIMG_1519.jpg
it is a definitive technologies soundbar/sub combo I upgraded tv to a sony- added pullout mor-ryde mount for easier access to back - mounted up just a bit higher so soundbar sits below tv and all connections are hidden.