Bighorn v. Landmark

WCW

My wife and I are close to making a decision on a new 5th wheel. We had decided on the Bighorn 3585RL. As we added options we got to the point where the price was not a significant amount below the Landmark Grand Canyon which is the same floorplan. Is the Landmark worth(I know that's a relative term) the additional costs in your opinion?

MTPockets

Take a look at tires, axle ratings, frame size. If those are the same, I would think the only difference would be interior items.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Options vs. standard are a lot of the differences, plus some options that are available on one, but not on the other. For example, the disc brake option is not an option for the Bighorn, where it is on the Landmark.

marvmarcy

If I could do it over, I'd get the 8k axles with disc brakes, 17.5" wheels and GY114 tires which are now available on LM.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Me too!!! We purchased the 17.5 inch wheels and the Goodyear G114's but definitely wish we had the Moride IS and the disc brakes

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Also, only Landmark has the Whisper Quiet dual A/C system with no drop-down grate in the ceiling....

pegmikef

Depends on the options. I was limited to 35 feet and LM doesn't have one so I went with a BH, but ordered almost all the options found on the LM. One thing to consider is I think the LM has a two year warranty vice one year for the BH. A catastrophic failure of some kind in the second year of ownership could make the cost difference worthwhile (dependent on the difference).

sengli

The laminated walls, floors, and roof are the same pieces between the two brands. The landmark comes with a pretty exterior paint job, and maybe some interior fluff items. I would go with what ever you need in a floor plan. If I could have swung the extra cash, that paint job on the exterior is so eye catching, I know its not practical...but its just pretty!