Bike hitch - what do you use

4ever

I have 2014 landmark with the 1-1/4" receiver hitch on the back. Want to get a bike rack to hold two bikes. Would like to know what bike hitches are being used out there? What bike hitches are working and what ones are not? Have been looking at a Thule. Not sure about it. It seems like it will extend out to far and therefore have to much movement.

Thanks

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
4ever,
For years I used bike racks where the bike hangs from hooks.
Having to use bungies and straps all over the place to hold everything finally got old.

I recently purchased one of these and have been very happy with it. http://www.rackattack.com/product-pages/thule-990xt-doubletrack.asp

It's not their very best model, but for the money it is very good. No more bikes banging around, or wheels spinning.
It works on any size bikes, including my 29" mountain bike.
Very easy and efficient to use. Trace

4ever

Trace,

Thanks for the response. That is the exact rack I have been looking at. I have been concerned that their would be to muck movement with everything hanging aback off the hitch. Do you use yours with the 1-1/4" or 2" receiver?

Thanks

ted

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I use it with a 2", but you only add a heavy rubber insert to adapt it from the 1 1/4" to the 2". It is essentially still a
1 1/4" .

There is a slight bit of play, but the design is cool. Rather than putting a hitch pin through it, it comes with a bolt that actually tightens the rack to the hitch and takes almost all the wobble out of it. Trace

Owenfamily

Hello 4ever,

Here are some links for you to look at.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/37996-Bicycle-carrier-for-5th-wheel?highlight=bike+rack

http://www.raxterracks.com/

I put pictures up on the first link of my set up. Raxter will back up their 2inch receiver when used behind any trailer. If you look through their site you will also see a locking pin that will not wobble the bike rack around. You can pick the locking pin up on Amazon.

David