birds in pin box

RVFun4Us

Kind of crude but I had this problem about seven years ago. Cut out a piece of cardboard that filled the gap and stuffed in the pin-box. No problem after that.

bigdob24

I had that problem on two of mine and I used chicken wire.
I cut it larger than the opening and just stuffed it in so it held itself in place and it did the job
Dan

StarryNight

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
Used " 1/2 inch hardware cloth"; the electrical box is holding it in place....no more birds:)

Hi, had that bird problem with two different 5th wheels. Cut styrofoam to fit inside the pin box. It won't rust. Easy to cut and fit. Paul DiMauro

agpopp

We had a bird problem last summer, but didn't know it until were about 700 miles from home and they hatched when I stopped for fuel, with no mama bird in sight. My wife was so upset.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We had a bird problem last summer, but didn't know it until were about 700 miles from home and they hatched when I stopped for fuel, with no mama bird in sight. My wife was so upset.

I always wrap my pigtail around the king pin once and stuff the remaining inside of the king pin.

At least that way I should see if anything has tried to nest in there . . .

Never even thought of this as an issue . . . but now I am on red alert!

macjj

Had the problem while visiting Iowa a couple springs ago. Couldn't blame them, shelter from the wind. Used cardboard and duct tape for temporary fix. When I got home fabricated a cover from leftover ducting. I figured if I didn't do something, I would be in the same position as agpopp.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We tried the plastic bags inside the kingpin but the sparrows just keep working their way round it and nest. We now tape a bag on the outside of the pin using blue tape so it wont damage the pin with the sticky stuff. Haven't had a problem since started using this method.

wdk450

I used white duct tape to cover up the pinbox opening.

Those birds can get VERY determined. I had other birds building a nest in the stovetop fan vent (they flew up and opened the loose swinging outdoor flap). I finally rigged up an inside closure for the outside stovetop vent flap.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
One year we had one build a nest under the slide topper. That wasn't fun at all. I now run a broom under the toppers once a week until nesting season is over.