Black Tank Flush (Fixed)

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
Re: Black Tank Flush

Keith,

When the mobile RV repair serviced your unit did they have to drop the coroplast and if so was it wet? When my unit had a over flow leak Heartland also replaced the wet bat insulation.

Jim

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders

Keith - Tom doesn't get notifications to this sub-forum so he will not see your wish. Consider giving Tom or even Ron a phone call to request this investigation.

Thanks Jim. I'll try giving them a call this week. I need to talk to Ron on another matter anyway so I'll try to "kill 2 birds with 1 stone."

klindgren

Keith,

When the mobile RV repair serviced your unit did they have to drop the coroplast and if so was it wet? When my unit had a over flow leak Heartland also replaced the wet bat insulation.

Jim

Yes Jim, there was some water underneath, but they were able to dry the insulation to my satisfaction so I didn't ask them to replace it.

Keith

JanAndBill

Heartland Customer Service To The Rescue - again!!

I got a call on Monday from Heartland Customer Service (not sure who told them) telling me not to wait to get this problem fixed. They authorized me to contact a mobile RV service to come out, drop the belly covering and "find & fix the problem." Sure made me feel good to know they either read the forum or at least keep track of posts. Anyway, it took two techs several hours but they finally found the problem -- a kink in the flush line. Cut out the kink, spliced in a new section of line, and bingo, black tank flush now works. I know folks have complained about customer service, but I have always found them to be very helpful and willing to do what needs to be done to correct problems.

I still don't have an explanation as to why I have two flush intakes with one having no hose connected to it, but at least I have the flush line I need. I'll worry about answers to the other intake later.

THANKS HEARTLAND CUSTOMER SERVICE!!

Just out of curiosity, after they found the kink and you were able to flush, did you notice any residual pressure on the flush line after you turn off the water? Ever since it was new when I flush the tank on our BH, there is a little residual pressure on the hose remaining after I turn off the water. While the water is running I hear the water running into the tank, and can see a significant amount coming out of the drain.

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
Thanks for the reply Keith good luck with your new unit. Glad you did not have that much water damage.

klindgren

Just out of curiosity, after they found the kink and you were able to flush, did you notice any residual pressure on the flush line after you turn off the water? Ever since it was new when I flush the tank on our BH, there is a little residual pressure on the hose remaining after I turn off the water. While the water is running I hear the water running into the tank, and can see a significant amount coming out of the drain.

I haven't noticed it, but then I've only flushed once since they did the repair and honestly, I didn't pay too much attention to pressure in the line. I'll be dumping and flushing again on Thursday morning as we head over to the Florida HOC Rally. I'll pay more attention and respond .

porthole

Retired

Keith are you sure you do not have to black tanks?

I was told by more then one person that the Newport has two, and the specs list the black tanks at 84 gallons - that takes two tanks to get 84 g's.

Two black tanks should have two black tank flush ports.

jimtoo

Keith, do you have the half bath downstairs or the office option? If you have the 1/2 bath you probably have 2 black tanks and you should have 2 black tank drain valves, If you have the office option in place of the 1/2 bath then I would think you only have the one black tank. This is just my guess.

Jim M

klindgren

I know the capacity says 84 gallons for black tank, but I only have one black tank drain valve so I'm thinking, just one black water tank. I agree, there should be two flush ports with two tanks, but.....

Just not sure. There's only one tank drain valve so......Good question though

klindgren

Keith, do you have the half bath downstairs or the office option? If you have the 1/2 bath you probably have 2 black tanks and you should have 2 black tank drain valves, If you have the office option in place of the 1/2 bath then I would think you only have the one black tank. This is just my guess.

Jim M

Jim, we have the office option, not the 1/2 bath. I think there is only one black water tank because there is only one black tank drain valve, but I'm not positive.

porthole

Retired

Jim, we have the office option, not the 1/2 bath. I think there is only one black water tank because there is only one black tank drain valve, but I'm not positive.

Well that would make sense then that you only have one tank, one drain, one flush, and someone put the two tank/flush UDC panel in.

jimtoo

Since you have the office option you would not need a second black tank. Sounds like someone was planning on adding the second tank and flush.

jbeletti

Sounds like everyone is on the right track here. Maybe we make the UDCs up special by floor plan when there are differences. And the Newport usually is ordered with the 1/2 bath. I wish we would have put a plug in that hole or a blank plate over it. I'll get with Tom Montague to see what we are doing going forward.

klindgren

Sounds like everyone is on the right track here. Maybe we make the UDCs up special by floor plan when there are differences. And the Newport usually is ordered with the 1/2 bath. I wish we would have put a plug in that hole or a blank plate over it. I'll get with Tom Montague to see what we are doing going forward.

Thanks Jim. I'd be interested if they do, in fact, build UDC's to specific models/floorplans and maybe that's why mine has two flush intakes.