Black Tank seep and repair.

Dee

Ok I have been experiencing the black tank seep, when one removes the cap I get about a quart of dark water to play with when hooking up the hose.
I thought well I will just add the extra shutoff valve hat has been a blessing to many RVers In the past. However when I purchased one and put it on
it stuck out way too far! My rig a 2008 3055RL obviously the dump plumbing sits almost flush with the side of the rig.
So I elected to get to the heart of the matter and remove and replace or rebuild The 3" valve, cut out about a 16" square of the underbelly and with the help of a good motorcycle tie down hooked as a come along to spring hanger as another poster told about in this forum it indeed gave me enough room to get the old out and the new back in.
Not too bad a job most of the morning . seems to be working fine now so keeping fingers crossed
Dee

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Too late, but a simpler "fix" would have been to replace the cap with one with a hose fitting on it. Then screw a small inline garden hose valve onto it. That would have permitted draining the lines into a bucket instead of getting a surprise.

curious how to replace blk tank valve what would I need to do first and how do I even get to it. I have 2011 3610re bighorn. thanks

Dee

Not sure about your rig , but on mine I dropped the underbelly right where the dump hose hooks up and it is all very plain to see then?
As I said it is not a bad job, ended cutting out about a foot square of the underbelly and everything was easy to get to.
Flush tank well would be #1 on my list before opening things.

Garypowell

And put wheels on valve side up on 2 - 3 inches if blocks. This puts what junk is left away from the opening.