Black Tank Spray Jet

I have a 2015 Cyclone 4200 with front and rear bathrooms. I have two black tanks, one for the front toilet and one for the rear. The front black tank has the usual hook-up for the spray unit to clean the inside of the tank. The back unit however does not have a hook-up. Are they connected together, or is there just not a spray unit for the rear tank? Any input would be appreciated.

jimtoo

Hi lbjwdavis66,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I don't know for sure, but I don't think there is a flush unit for the back tank, but I'm sure some of other members will jump in soon with expert information for you.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

IronJ

I have the similar RW 420 with the same tank configuration...

I was wondering same thing but I forgot to check mine the last time I had it out...

If you want you can hook up and run the flush. with the valves open water will be flowing out if the tank is getting sprayed....I have the clear elbows on my trailer so I can see the flow....that's what I was gonna do to check but I forgot since we didn't use the back bathroom last trip. .

Please post back if you find out....I'll do the same!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

I believe I have a flush unit on my back tank but when I hook up the garden hose to it no water flows. I'm not sure what's going on and I haven't had time to diagnose it any further. Any help would be great. I also have one on my front tank and it works fine.
Oakmont 375QB

BLHFUN

The black tank flush in the UDC is ONLY for the front tank. They did not install a tank flush for the rear tank. I personally have only used the rear bath and toilet a few times, but when I did I used the fill/flush method until I had clear fluids through the waste hose. I have also used a water hose through the toilet to flush the system, which seems to work fine.

I've had my 4200 about a year and a half. Feel free to reach out with questions.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
The black tank flush in the UDC is ONLY for the front tank. They did not install a tank flush for the rear tank. I personally have only used the rear bath and toilet a few times, but when I did I used the fill/flush method until I had clear fluids through the waste hose. I have also used a water hose through the toilet to flush the system, which seems to work fine.

I've had my 4200 about a year and a half. Feel free to reach out with questions.

I've got a wand I bought from Camping World ($20) for our previous 2013 Heartland Trail Runner that has a spinning spray head on the end . . . that thing works great!

I don't need it with our new Prowler, but I keep it handy just in case!

BLHFUN

I've got a wand I bought from Camping World ($20) for our previous 2013 Heartland Trail Runner that has a spinning spray head on the end . . . that thing works great!

I don't need it with our new Prowler, but I keep it handy just in case!

Problem with the Wand on the 4200 is the plumbing. It's not a Direct drop and you're only able to get to a 90 in the Plumbing. You're adding water, but losing the Wands full affect of spraying.

guyc66

I believe I have a flush unit on my back tank but when I hook up the garden hose to it no water flows. I'm not sure what's going on and I haven't had time to diagnose it any further. Any help would be great. I also have one on my front tank and it works fine.
Oakmont 375QB

You might want to check for a kink in the line preventing water flow.....I had the same problem with mine and this was the issue (at least it was an easy fix).

jimtoo

Hi Paulie2211,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

If your a Heartland Owner, check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M