Black water flushing

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If you hooked the water up to the rinse and no water gets to the tank then there is a good chance that the anti siphon valve has been hooked up backward.
What coach do you own?

Peace
Dave

thank you for the reply Dave, the RV is a Big Country 3560SS 2017 have owned for three weeks, you probably are correct about check , from the way the water from hose back pressures when removing hose I'm assuming the check to be a little further in than right at hose connection.Gary

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You might have to contact Heartland to find out where the anti siphon device is. But before you do that take a look in the shower for a round access cover. Normally the valve is located in a wall adjacent to the bathroom.

Peace
Dave

danemayer

Here's a picture from a Bighorn, showing the anti-siphon valve behind the shower wall.

Attachments

• BH Black Tank Flush Anti Siphon Annotated.jpg
    BH Black Tank Flush Anti Siphon Annotated.jpg
    428.2 KB · Views: 156
Our 2015 Big Country had the same problem.
The valve is located behind the round access cover in the shower.
It was installed backwards from the factory.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Anyone have a photo of this elusive cover in the shower as I can't seem to find mine.

And if this check valve is not behind the shower, then where else might it be?

jnbhobe

The access hole is usually on Big Horn big country and landmark most other rigs have an access panel

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Garypowell

John,

once ce the walls are down you can usually trace the line from the UDC inlet to where it goes up and then turns right around and comes down. Then you can see the line head towards the black tank.

Where it goes up and then turns around onthe valve is at the top.

You should be able to feel the water move in the line.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If you're lucky, it's located behind that round access port. Otherwise, Bubba stuck it in a blind wall cavity and you access it by ripping the water lines out from below...after the flood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well i have to say with great appreciation all of the suggestions and sincere help with this Black water anti siphon valve, I found valve right where you all suggested in shower behind round access opening, Haven't removed yet to check out but i'm betting since both supply and return lines are colored blue that the factory reversed the connection by mistake as the valve looks installed properly as far as position. I'll let you know what i find soon.
Gary

Gary521

A lot of people just cut the lines and bypass the valve entirely. Then, to prevent any back flow, place a check valve in the flush water line just after the UDC. This is the easiest thing to do and it works.

klp605

Similar issue here. However, you can hear a small trickle that makes the tank but the water sprays everywhere at the outside connection. Non of the lines to the underbelly are kinked and the lines are correct into and out of the valve.

Spoke with Heartland. The final piece of the flush is a spray nozzle that requires glue to install the part. Often the workers use too much glue completely blocking or partially blocking the holes on the part. Needles to say, this has been added to my list of repairs for November.

Has anyone had problem with the blackwater flush, the water won't go into tank to rinse?

Thanks

jdkloost

Hello, I'm new to the forum and a new (2018 Heartland North Trail UltraLight owner. I am trying to flush both the black and grey tanks. There is only one sewer connection with one valve that is labeled "Gray Tank #1. When I opened that valve what appeared to be grey water did discharge into the sewer hose (I have a clear fitting to see what is discharged). However the grey water tank indicator still shows 2/3 full. There is no black water tank valve. I do have a black tank flush connection on the back of the trailer where a hose is hooked up to flush the black water tank but I'm afraid to hook up a hose without the correct flush valve to the sewer being open. The black water tank indicator still shows 1/3 full.

Any help on the correct procedure to flush both the grey and black water tanks is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Jim

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Our previous Heartland Trail Runner had a rear kitchen, which had it's own gray tank drain near the back of the trailer.

On the same side in front of the wheels there was another drain dump for the front bathroom with both gray and black drain valves.

I had a 'Y' connection so both could be hooked up at the same time.

TrailRunnerAtCherryChreek-IMG_20150517_095110323.jpg TrailRunnerAtCherryChreek-IMG_20150517_095153310.jpg

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
There is no black water tank valve.

Cheers,
Jim
There has to be a black water valve. Be sure go get down on your knees and look for a valve handle under the rig.
There have been a couple of posts where people reported not having a drain handle and have found it by looking under the rig or have discovered that the handle had fallen off.

Peace
Dave

Lou_and_Bette

Hello, I'm new to the forum and a new (2018 Heartland North Trail UltraLight owner. I am trying to flush both the black and grey tanks. There is only one sewer connection with one valve that is labeled "Gray Tank #1. When I opened that valve what appeared to be grey water did discharge into the sewer hose (I have a clear fitting to see what is discharged). However the grey water tank indicator still shows 2/3 full. There is no black water tank valve. I do have a black tank flush connection on the back of the trailer where a hose is hooked up to flush the black water tank but I'm afraid to hook up a hose without the correct flush valve to the sewer being open. The black water tank indicator still shows 1/3 full.

Any help on the correct procedure to flush both the grey and black water tanks is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Jim

Jim, the tank indicators are notorious for not being accurate so, many of us, rely on other indicators to show when we need to dump...I.e. Toilet "burping," water backup in sink or shower, etc.

jdkloost

There has to be a black water valve. Be sure go get down on your knees and look for a valve handle under the rig.
There have been a couple of posts where people reported not having a drain handle and have found it by looking under the rig or have discovered that the handle had fallen off.

Peace
Dave

Thanks Dave,

I've been under the rig pretty thoroughly but I'll look again. Next step is to take it back to the dealer when I get home and have them show me!

Jim