Black water tank valve not closing

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You may have gotten a piece of TP or other matter stuck in the blade groove of the rubber seal.
Or you could have a problem with the cable.
How bad is it? If it's just a little seepage than I suggest a Valtera twist on gate valve.

Peace
Dave

bajamike

With sewer valve closed, connect the sewer hose with the open higher than the black tank or add a second sewer valve. Then add water and sewer treatment to black tank and let over night, then try opening and closing valve. This might take two or three days to dissolve the trash in the valve guide. Good luck.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Thanks. I believe adding a twist on valve a great idea. Did not know they existed. What a simple bit of insurance. Will also do the flushing scene as well.

When I flush our tanks, I drain the black tank, then I'll close the add-on Valtera twist on gate valve, then open the grey tank and let it back flush into the black tank until I hear the bubbling sound stop, then close the grey valve, then open the Valtera gate valve and let the water from the black tank run out.

Do this three or four times and that should clear out anything that might be causing a clog.

ProwlerDrainCap-P3290012.jpg

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
When I flush our tanks, I drain the black tank, then I'll close the add-on Valtera twist on gate valve, then open the grey tank and let it back flush into the black tank until I hear the bubbling sound stop, then close the grey valve, then open the Valtera gate valve and let the water from the black tank run out.
Unfortunately this does not work on all coaches. For example, my black tank is higher than the two grey tanks.
Stuff doesn't roll uphill.

Peace
Dave

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Unfortunately this does not work on all coaches. For example, my black tank is higher than the two grey tanks.
Stuff doesn't roll uphill.

Peace
Dave

However, the force of the water from the grey tank will most likely still blast out anything that is clogged at the valve of the black tank.