Blackwater sprayer leaking

Snoshoe82

I have a 07 Cyclone 40? w/ toilet next to the kitchen wall. I am having issues with the black water sprayer, the valve in the wall leaks alot of water, found out the hard way, pulled off wall in B-room found it leaking, WTheck is this for? can I by pass it? It looks like some sort of breather.

wdk450

I went through all the work of replacing this with a 1/2" PEX "Sharkbite" copper check valve, that I found at the local Ace hardware when I was in West Yellowstone, Montana. For some reason the RV plumbing codes require that this atmospheric breaker/check valve needs to be located above the highest drain in the bathroom. Yet you can buy add-on black tank sprayer systems at RV parts stores that don't even HAVE a check valve. There is some inherent protection just in the fact the sprayer sprays into an air space in the black tank, but I feel better having a check valve between any connection to a black water system and a fresh water system.

BTW, my plastic valve blowing apart under high water pressure took out the $250 battery charger/converter underneath this check valve line.

Last edited:

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Something about meeting a RVIA code of some kind. Has to be higher than the device it serves. Why they insist on putting it directly above the converter is anyone's guess. I moved my converter and suppressor out of harm's way.