Blanco SP in Texas

'Lil Guy'

I made reservations there before the flooding for the Grandchildren and us scheduled for the 1st week of August. Is anyone up on the condition of the park as of now? We haven't received an email that would cancel our reservation. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I made reservations there before the flooding for the Grandchildren and us scheduled for the 1st week of August. Is anyone up on the condition of the park as of now? We haven't received an email that would cancel our reservation. Thanks in advance.

I got a $200 speeding ticket in Blanco . . .

That town is a speed trap!

Watch out!

attachment.php

- - - Updated - - -

You might find the status of the park at their website.

That is how I kept up to date with our favorite campsites that got washed out in the Colorado floods a couple of years ago.

Attachments

• TexasCowboyChurch-P9150028.jpg
    TexasCowboyChurch-P9150028.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 130

pegmikef

Frank, the last couple of times there was a problem in TX state parks affecting my reservation, they called me on my cell phone (I use it for a contact number) and verbally explained the situation. That was a couple of years ago and as suggested, you might want to give them a call. They keep cutting TPWD's funding so who knows if they still have the capability to notify you by phone.

dlw930

Some of the Tx parks that have flooding issues are without phone service (like Palo Duro Canyon), but that doesn't necessarily mean the park is closed. Call the main TPWD # in Austin for status if you can't reach the park directly. Blanco is a nice park if it's open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'Lil Guy'

I just received and email stating they will be open on August the 2nd. The day we are supposed to arrive. They said our reservations are good to go. Hope the park is cleaned up by the river. The camping area wasn't hurt in the flooding. Thanks for the replies.