Blowing 12 volt lights

14tomcat

I keep burning out the lights in the kitchen. I have replaced 10 lights in the past 2 days. I had replaced the standard lights with LED, they burned out within 2 days. Before the lights quit, they start flickering, then go out. I'm suspecting a voltage surge from the converter.
Also, the Auto Level control panel is beeping and displaying "ERROR".

Any help or ideas?

sengli

Are you plugged into shore power? Do you have a DVM, to actually check the +12volts? You could easily check the voltage at the battery. If your converter is working, it shouldnt be popping anything.

14tomcat

Yes, been plugged into shore power for about a month via a surge protector. Just started have issues the past week. Disconnected batteries, lights still flickering. Tripped converter breaker, turned batteries on, lights working normal.
Have concluded, the converter is creating/allowing voltage spikes in the 12 volt system. Got to find model # of converter and get one on order.

wdk450

I keep burning out the lights in the kitchen. I have replaced 10 lights in the past 2 days. I had replaced the standard lights with LED, they burned out within 2 days. Before the lights quit, they start flickering, then go out. I'm suspecting a voltage surge from the converter.
Also, the Auto Level control panel is beeping and displaying "ERROR".

Any help or ideas?
You might want to invest in one of these, and wire it permanently to the hot 12 volts DC somewhere. Current drain on these is minimal, so it shouldn't effect main battery life.