Blue Ox Discontinues Bedsaver

SilverRhino

I just spoke with Blue Ox manufacturing concerning a Bedsaver for my TSLB2H, Hensley hitch. They informed me that they did not make the Bedsaver for Hensley hitches. I told the young man that they used to, and asked why they were not making them anymore. He informed me that actually, they were not going to be manufacturing the Bedsaver line at all, due to poor sales.

If you are thinking about purchasing a Bedsaver, I would do it soon ...... Providing someone still has the model you need!

Travel Safe!

Garypowell

Of course I have never had to use mine....but I love that it is there. Dropped a rig once.....don't want to do that again. Sorry more have not been sold.

sengli

Have you looked at Butch's services. They make bed savers for many different hitches, that might fit.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Have you looked at Butch's services. They make bed savers for many different hitches, that might fit.

That is what we installed a few years back. Fortunately I do not have first hand experience on how good it works but I do feel better knowing its back there.

Gaffer

Just do a tug test every time. Front jacks 1/2" above wood blocks. At least one tire chocked, brake controller on max manual. and a quick short tug forward. Takes only seconds. Bed saver or not.
That is what we installed a few years back. Fortunately I do not have first hand experience on how good it works but I do feel better knowing its back there.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Just do a tug test every time. Front jacks 1/2" above wood blocks. At least one tire chocked, brake controller on max manual. and a quick short tug forward. Takes only seconds. Bed saver or not.

Do it every time.

danemayer

Although they looked into doing one, I don't think Blue Ox ever got around to making a Bed Saver that would fit the Hensley BD3 or TS3 hitch.

When you hitch up, do you check the locking block to make sure it moved to the rear? If it didn't move all the way to the rear, you're not really hitched.

Hensley locking block notated.jpg

SilverRhino

Although they looked into doing one, I don't think Blue Ox ever got around to making a Bed Saver that would fit the Hensley BD3 or TS3 hitch.

When you hitch up, do you check the locking block to make sure it moved to the rear? If it didn't move all the way to the rear, you're not really hitched.

View attachment 43290

I do check all that plus put in a padlock......but.....I know from experience that one should never say "I always" or "It won't happen to me". Just looking for a little extra security.

They did make one for the Hensley hitch.....Jim Beletti has or had one on his hitch when he got his new truck.....pictures were posted on this forum.

agpopp

I see that that they made one for the BW Companion as well. Has anyone ever heard of dropping one with a BW? The jaws that make a positive wrap around the kingpin is superior to all of the other brands IMHO. Just looking to hear

Bogie

Don't know if it's considered superior or not, but my SuperGlide has a wrap around hitch as well. I always do a visual inspection to make sure it is closed around the king pin. I also always do a pull test before raising the landing gear completely.