Boondocking/inverter?

dasmoeturhead

Does the inverter on the Newport 365 just run the refrigerator? I haven't boondocked yet, but if I did I was wondering what I could run off the inverter, or is it just for the reefer. Since this rig is pretty much all electric, and I only have a small Honda 2000 watt generator, pretty limited to what I can run. I don't think the genny will even start 1 A/C unit.

danemayer

On the LM 365, I'm pretty sure the inverter output is dedicated to the refrigerator. If you're thinking about boondocking, the refrigerator will run down the batteries fast enough without using the power for other appliances.

Some 2000 W generators can be linked together to provide more power.

dasmoeturhead

I figured the inverter was dedicated to the reefer. It does have an outlet on it for something else external. I've thought about the 2nd Honda gen, with the parallel cord, but not sure I want to spend an extra $1200.00 yet. Plus I'd have to store another gen. It was just a thought. I do however really like the idea. Getting pretty tired of the so called "resorts " that are really permanent rv parks. This rig is to big for most all state, or national parks, but BLM, or Forest Service land is a possibility. Wheels are turning :)

pegmikef

A little off the subject, but don't overlook COE parks. A lot of them have some pretty sizeable sites with water and electric. You can look them up on http://www.recreation.gov and it will show you the size of each site of which most can be reserved.