Brake Madness

Jim.Allison

Ok, did you run this trailer with the ford? You had the same issue with the ford right? I will get the ram information you want but the best I can do is get the truck back from RAM then go hook up, which is no problem but you gotta wait. Sorry, I just don't know what your time frame is. Is this something you are wanting to solve this weekend or is this a project?

Jim, thanks for the thoughts. A little background...this is basically a new trailer (1-1/2) yrs old. The braking ability has never been good...it will push the truck in hard braking conditions. All my previous trailers have had much better braking abilities. I have my EVIC set for heavy electric, and controller set on max 10. With trailer hooked up (not moving), I'm only getting 7v at the jbox in the trailer using manual brake lever. If the brake controller is inertia activated to full output, then I dont know if the 7v is normal or not. Thats why I was asking if anyone with this truck/controller has checked their voltage.

Jim.Allison

While you are waiting for data, here is a fiver driver with a similar problem. I copied and posted a good article that might help you in there a couple of days ago. Here is the link.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/47159-Voltage-Drop-to-Brakes