Brand New Norcold (2nd One) Now Working AGAIN

Redrider007

Brand new 2015 Bighorn refrig leaking ammonia-Replaced with one manufactured 2/15---This one stopped cooling-Have taken 4 trips and worked fine but went to plug it in and the left freezer starts cooling and that's it!! Doesn't get ice cold! Right freezer cools barely and frig is warm after 12 hr plug in-tried LP only and get no cooling! Got date to bring it in! VERY DISAPPOINTED IN NORCOLD!! MSRP $90,000 rig and can't use it. Replaced Thermistor and no change. Fans are working-no gurgling-no ammonia smell-No error codes-Went through diagnostics and confirms no cooling.

Last edited by a moderator:

Erika

My Norcold isn't cold as of today, either. Had the cooling unit replaced at the end of March, after only having the darned thing for 6 months (purchased new Cyclone in August 2014). I've tested the thermistor, tried switching over to LP, checked fuses, breaker, etc. I suspect another "clot" blockage in the ammonia (that was the culprit last time). I'm done with Norcold. Even if they offer to replace this cooling unit (which I am assuming should still be covered, as it is only 6 months old, even if the overall unit is 13 months old now) I don't even want a new one. I wish I could get my money back to put toward a residential. I am so annoyed that I actually paid a good chunk of change extra for this thing. What a waste of money. Heartland needs to reconsider using these garbage products in its RVs.

Toy1Ton

Toy 1 Ton
I have the new 2118 norcold in my bighorn that works great so far but I don't see any drain hose on the back of the unit, any body have one of these new 18 cube models?

danemayer

I'm done with Norcold. Even if they offer to replace this cooling unit (which I am assuming should still be covered, as it is only 6 months old, even if the overall unit is 13 months old now) I don't even want a new one. I wish I could get my money back to put toward a residential.

Get it fixed and sell it. Then use the money toward a residential unit.