Broke down in Saskatoon :(

CrazyScotsman

Chris, I could have got an extended warrenty with it, but when selling dealer assures you that the remaining warrenty is good till 2011, I figured I was in good shape, because I was planning on getting rid of it and buying a new one by then. The only reason I went with this used one was, because I could not get the dealers to go any lower on their price , plus wanted $25,000 down payment. I guess they didn't want to sell a truck. All this was a dealer who I had bought my previous Volvo from.

CrazyScotsman

Things are looking up, the guy I lease truck onto, contacted a Volvo area service manager that he knows in TX, service manager called up here, now ball is rolling, charges should only be in the 3-$4000 range now.
It helps when people know other people.that know other people who carry clout.

wyleyrabbit

Ken,

That's great! Sounds like you owe that guy a nice dinner now. ;)

Did you manage to get tickets to the big hockey game? Canada vs. USA...tt starts soon so GET DOWN TO THE ARENA!!! I'll be watching from here.

Go Canada Go! Go Canada Go! Go Canada Go! Go Canada Go! :D

Chris

CrazyScotsman

I could have had tickets earlier today, but it's a tad warmer inside my hotel room :)
I am Switzerland in this match.. Neutral

wyleyrabbit

Heh heh. Well, it should be a great game in any case.

I am not neutral in this game.

Go Canada Go! Go Canada Go! Go Canada Go! Go Canada Go! :D

wyleyrabbit

When I saw the commercial about the new cheer, my jaw dropped open. Stupidest thing I have ever heard, and insulting as well. Maybe next, Pepsi will suggest the USA anthem needs to be played duelling banjo style. Those people who came up with that are idiots. Just for that, we will make a point of NOT buying Pepsi and encouraging others to do the same. Grrrrr!

wyleyrabbit

Yeah, it was a fantastic game. A couple of strange penalties dished out by the refs but a very entertaining effort by both teams. Congrats to team USA. I watched most of the game with our youngest on my knee (he likes watching hockey, but doesn't understand all the rules yet) and our oldest curled up beside me, which made the game even more enjoyable. :-D

CrazyScotsman

I didn't watch it all, I kept flicking back and forth to it I am not a hockey fan, just like I am not an American football fan, give me RUGBY anyday.

CrazyScotsman

When do you get to go home? Nice and cool down this way as well.

No telling, truck still in shop, parts have not got here yet, hope I am out of here Friday, but won't be going home, I have to get a few loads to make up for all this down time. It would be really nice getting a run South.. why couldn't i have broke down in Miami FL ?
Got people involved and looks like Volvo hopefully cover most of the cost. Keeping fingers crossed.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Ken, glad everything is going in your favor. BTW, it's been really cold in northern Florida. Bob:D